Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

3 hours ago, Manxst said:

Maguire replacement id have thought. 

Timber and Martinez would be two centre backs under 6ft tall. I get having one perhaps, but two would really be pushing it.

39 minutes ago, simonsays said:

For once there seems to be quite a lot of good players in times that look likely to get relegated.  Can see us signing at least a couple from Southampton/Leicester

What's happening with Gnoto at Leeds? Doesn't seem to feature much despite playing well earlier in the season. He'd be on my shortlist for the summer.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Why? Malacia gets a lot of games I think, and Van De Beek is injured since new year? Can see Ten Hag still having a lot of credit over there/in Europe in general.

The two great big hopes of Dutch football in the last 10 years, Depay and Van De Beek. Moved to Man Utd and both moves were complete and utter disasters. 

Tbf Timber is hardly in the same category, but you’d still think it would have been noticed.

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Probably because you haven't seen many of them play I'm guessing.

Fair point. I mean Lavia I have watched a lot and rate as someone to come in and improve the squad long-term. The the only players would be the full back at Napoli (Oliveira) and Diaby. Not really been scouting them in the way of the author has been when watching games involving the these two, but I’ve never been excited about them. Whatever happens, I back Eddie to improve who ever is brought in 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Wouldn’t be that surprised if Man City buy Lavia back using their clause. 

But back clause only activates in 2024. They have another clause for 20% of his fee which I guess they could use to lower the overall figure.

1 minute ago, Krabbe2 said:

Looks like Inter won't make it to the CL. Probably have to raise money through sales. Could Lautaro Martínez be something for us?

Who would you drop? Isak or Wilson? All would probably demand a lot of games.

4 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Looks like Inter won't make it to the CL. Probably have to raise money through sales. Could Lautaro Martínez be something for us?

Barrella please 

2 minutes ago, maze said:

2 minutes ago, maze said:

Want all three😎

7 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Want all three😎

Wilson will need replacing  after next season. But he's still hungry albeit injury prone. João Pedro from FC Watford would be fantastic, but seems like he's of to Brighton.

So guess we have other plans now since we've not entered that.

10 minutes ago, maze said:

Wilson will need replacing  after next season. But he's still hungry albeit injury prone. João Pedro from FC Watford would be fantastic, but seems like he's of to Brighton.

So guess we have other plans now since we've not entered that.

Someone told me yesterday that we'd turned our attention to Vitor Roque & that's why we haven't gone back for Pedro. He's no ITK so not sure where he'd heard or read it. 

Personality know very little about Roque apart from seeing his name mentioned on here. 

10 minutes ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

Someone told me yesterday that we'd turned our attention to Vitor Roque & that's why we haven't gone back for Pedro. He's no ITK so not sure where he'd heard or read it. 

Personality know very little about Roque apart from seeing his name mentioned on here. 

Supposedly had 20m rejected in Jan - think we may get him for 25m

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Supposedly had 20m rejected in Jan - think we may get him for 25m

Chelsea have the biggest interest according to rumours, but also that the player wants to go to Barca. Can see there being a bidding war, which we wouldn’t get involved in. He’ll go for a lot more than 25m anyway- has a release clause of 100m I think (not that he’ll go for that much). 

Think today showed we need another striker - having at least 2 available for every  game is going to be huge - Wilson was brilliant when he came on - however both him and Isak are going to have niggles along the way - my fear is we lose both - we are struggling 

8 hours ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

He’s the next Brazilian superstar isn’t he ?

There was an article from one of these online sites possibly last week saying we were very much in hunt for Vitor Roque. I think Nickson has also just been to Brazil, they’re definitely trying to do things there but Roque would be a sensational signing.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

There was an article from one of these online sites possibly last week saying we were very much in hunt for Vitor Roque. I think Nickson has also just been to Brazil, they’re definitely trying to do things there but Roque would be a sensational signing.

Does he play for Bruno’s ex club?

Could use Bruno to have a word