Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Not sure how realistic but Wirtz would be the ideal target to go all out for IMO. Just got round the seeing clips of him and looks like he could be the outstanding technical player of his generation.

Given Leverkusen won't be making CL he may be available. Usually Munich would be the likely destination but they've Musiala who's very similar. If we get CL we'd be a step up for him and he's still young enough that he could do 4/5 yrs and then have the option of moving to an elite club if we're not there by then.

5 minutes ago, jackflap said:

Not sure how realistic but Wirtz would be the ideal target to go all out for IMO. Just got round the seeing clips of him and looks like he could be the outstanding technical player of his generation.

Given Leverkusen won't be making CL he may be available. Usually Munich would be the likely destination but they've Musiala who's very similar. If we get CL we'd be a step up for him and he's still young enough that he could do 4/5 yrs and then have the option of moving to an elite club if we're not there by then.

Both his father/agent, and himself have said that he wants stay at least another year. Guess it depends if Leverkusen want or need to sell him, and also if Alonso stays or not. Contracted until 2027 so he’d go for a decent sum.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He'd break our wage structure but would Cancelo be realistic if we got Champions League?

RB is the last position we’re breaking our wage structure for any time soon.

He's 29 at the end of the month but could we not play him as a left back? He was great there for City

Doesn't strike me as someone we'd target 

Edited by joeyt

Great player but character would have question marks to me, ie. whether he would fit in with the squad. He’s openly admitted to being a loner and not being part of things at Man City.

Just now, Manxst said:

Wages would be an issue for them, surely? 

I think City are going to have come to an agreement on wages with any club that wants Cancelo ultimately. I can’t think of a club that could afford those wages outright and / or need him.

Spurs maybe, at a guess.

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

As lampty been struggling with injury or is he just going through a bad spell.. he looked top notch season or two ago.

Had consistent lengthy hamstring and knee injuries 

3 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Spurs apparently may not be taking up their option on Kulusevski. Seems an odd one but for €35m he’d be a decent option.

Wow. This is really interesting.

Think in a more attacking and dynamic side like ours he'd look superb.

He'd be a great fit teaming up alongside his fellow Swede Isak.

He's never been a regular first choice, Lamptey, has he?

Aside from a worldie performance against us under that fat sack of kebab-eating shit, he's not been especially noticeable 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

He's never been a regular first choice, Lamptey, has he?

Aside from a worldie performance against us under that fat sack of kebab-eating shit, he's not been especially noticeable 

He was pretty much first choice around that time with Brighton I think and was doing well regularly but then the injuries started piling up.

Kulusevski for the price mentioned (30-35 million?) would be a great buy. PL proven, good attitude, friend of Isak’s, will run all day with great energy levels and potential to hit double figures in both goals and assists. Think he’d fit in a Eddie Howe team perfectly. 

5 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Kulusevski for the price mentioned (30-35 million?) would be a great buy. PL proven, good attitude, friend of Isak’s, will run all day with great energy levels and potential to hit double figures in both goals and assists. Think he’d fit in a Eddie Howe team perfectly. 

I'm actually desperate for this to happen now :lol:

His profile is so well suited to Howe's style. Think Spurs haven't got anywhere near the best of him due to the way they setup.