Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

1 hour ago, arnonel said:

Josh Doig could be another target. Looks the part. LB getting lots of game time in Serie A

If Scotland could figure out how to produce players in literally any other position as well as they do fullbacks, they might have a cracking team.

4 hours ago, LFEE said:

Watford well in the hunt for promotion so can’t see Sarr or Pedro (regardless of injury) going anywhere in January.

It looks between the young Spanish RB and West Ham RB the most credible links so far for the defence. We’ve resigned Karius so GK department sorted.

No ideas regarding a midfielder and forward but you’d imagine Fraser out most likely and a replacement in and a midfielder to take Wood’s spot in the squad.

Thats what I think the plan will be.

Watford did just sign another striker though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jan 30 now, so you'd have to think its now Tieleman's o'clock. He's been in the shop window for 29 days, but is now heading onto the "reduced to clear" shelf.

Every few hours, another lower price sticker will be added over the old one.

8 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Jan 30 now, so you'd have to think its now Tieleman's o'clock. He's been in the shop window for 29 days, but is now heading onto the "reduced to clear" shelf.

Every few hours, another lower price sticker will be added over the old one.

Tielemans has no incentive to go anywhere. In six months he leaves on a free and pockets the money that any suitor may have paid LC as a signing bonus. 

Late move for Billing, anyone?

18 months left on his deal, some rumoured interest from us last January from admittedly poor sources, and Howe’s obviously signed him before.

Could be a Burn/Targett safe bet sort of signing, if none of our other options are available. Bournemouth have got Hamed Traoré joining tomorrow for £20M+, who’s a left-footed CM capable of playing LM/AM and more signings seemingly on the way, so they might be open to it despite him being a regular.

Loan with obligation to buy at around £15M would probably do it?

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Late move for Billing, anyone?

18 months left on his deal, some rumoured interest from us last January from admittedly poor sources, and Howe’s obviously signed him before.

Could be a Burn/Targett safe bet sort of signing, if none of our other options are available. Bournemouth have got Hamed Traoré joining tomorrow for £20M+, who’s a left-footed CM capable of playing LM/AM and more signings seemingly on the way, so they might be open to it despite him being a regular.

Loan with obligation to buy at around £15M would probably do it?

No thanks. 

:thup:

I know what you’re saying. I just think he’d plug the Shelvey hole/improve on Shelvey and leave us able to sign a marquee midfielder in the summer.

Thought he was the best player on the pitch in the 1-1 with them up here and he did well in the cup, too.

Big bastard, left-footed (don’t have that option in CM) and scores shitpingers (also lacking this in CM currently).

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

:thup:

I know what you’re saying. I just think he’d plug the Shelvey hole/improve on Shelvey and leave us able to sign a marquee midfielder in the summer.

Thought he was the best player on the pitch in the 1-1 with them up here and he did well in the cup, too.

Big bastard, left-footed (don’t have that option in CM) and scores shitpingers (also lacking this in CM currently).

Great Points as always; he’s always reminded me of a poorer Huddlestone. 

Im hoping we get a DM with more mobility so hopefully in the summer we can get a more adventurous left back to give us a bit more balance going forward. 

Howe mentioned we are only signing players that are here for the long term, no signings for the sake of it. So I think even in terms of the loan market we are looking at, it will be players we view as long term improvements to the squad not stop gaps.