Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

I agree he does look good, just have to put a slight qualifier on him as he plays in Portugal. Don't get me wrong, the general standard is higher than a place like Holland, but it can still be hard to properly gauge a players quality when they come from the Portuguese league. 

Definitely, always something of a gamble, especially a player that would probably cost north of 60m. That said, he has often been referred to as being in the top 2-3 players in that country alongside Luis Diaz and he looks pretty special at Liverpool already. I think we need a relatively young, marquee CF and he fits the bill (with the caveat he doesn't have PL experience), we're not going to be in for the likes of Kane for some time.

Goalkeeper: Dean Henderson, Juan Musso, or Diogo Costa 

Midfield: Carlos Soler or Paqueta to push Willock for that box to box attacking midfielder.

Fullback: Attacking leftback Gaya, Grimaldo, or Lodi

Winger: Raphina

Striker: DCL, Isak or someone class like that 

55 minutes ago, STM said:

Rashford playing as a proper number 9 with Bruno, Tripper and ASM supplying him would be class.

The kid needs a new lease of life. I'm not convinced Man Utd wouldn't sell to us. They are going to have to have a massive clear out and replacements cost money. He's barely getting a game for them.

I'd certainly ask the question.

Rashford isnt a number 9. He's left of a front 3. He'd be taking ASMs position if he came here. 

Wonder if Max Aarons fancies being understudy to Trippier. A lot he could learn from him and due to age and injuries lots of game time to be had.

Could send Murphy & Lewis the other way should they want them. 

On 27/02/2022 at 08:21, joeyt said:

What do our American friends make of Brendan Aaronson?

Was heavily linked with Leeds, seems to be a potentially interesting number 10 target

Didn't notice this when first posted, but he's the one US player I'd love for us to sign. Maybe Tyler Adams too but now that we have Bruno he's probably not needed.

Aaronson largely plays out wide for the national team, but can pretty much play anywhere in an advanced role. He's excelled at every stage of his career so far so I don't see why he couldn't make the adjustment. Great workrate too, he would fit really well under Howe and provide good competition for Fraser.

17 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Rashford isnt a number 9. He's left of a front 3. He'd be taking ASMs position if he came here. 

Disagree. He's being constantly shifted out wide to accommodate others at Man Utd.

Ignoring his recent form, he has everything to be a great striker. His finishing and movement are great, he's good in the air, he's pacey too.

If he can score the number of goals he did from wide areas, in his younger days, then he can certainly play through the middle and get well into double figures.

Edited by STM

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Disagree. He's being constantly shifted out wide to accommodate others at Man Utd.

Ignoring his recent form, he has everything to be a great striker. His finishing and movement are great, he's good in the air, he's pacey too.

If he can score the number of goals he did from wide areas, in his younger days, then he can certainly play through the middle and get well into double figures.

I’d love to see him come here and take a central position. Hopefully he doesn’t sign a new contract over the next year and we can then start to tempt him to the project 

12 minutes ago, STM said:

Didn't he score more goals as a youngster than Ronaldo?

No idea.

I know he ranks very poorly against forwards for shooting metrics in the PL this season though

image.thumb.png.a7d50a8f2dd6addc9742683df5194bf1.png

Edited by Smal

33 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Wonder if Max Aarons fancies being understudy to Trippier. A lot he could learn from him and due to age and injuries lots of game time to be had.

Could send Murphy & Lewis the other way should they want them. 

I don't really get it with Max Aarons. He's consistently been a constant member of terrible Norwich defences

Is he any good?

I really hope the rumours about Zapata during January were concrete, that guy is a monster and as much of a ready made premier league striker as you could find outside of England. Would probably cost around £40m but I’d be more than happy to bet that he’d end up being worth every penny.

8 minutes ago, Smal said:

No idea.

I know he ranks very poorly against forwards for shooting metrics in the PL this season though

image.thumb.png.a7d50a8f2dd6addc9742683df5194bf1.png

He's been terrible this season.

He's got all the signs of being "Bruced", albeit without Steve Bruce being his manager. He looks less fit, less motivated, less focused. Howe would sort him out.

2 hours ago, Nine said:

I really hope the rumours about Zapata during January were concrete, that guy is a monster and as much of a ready made premier league striker as you could find outside of England. Would probably cost around £40m but I’d be more than happy to bet that he’d end up being worth every penny.

Nah. For the money they’d want, it’s a pointless signing imo, given he’s 31 in a few weeks time. He’d have done a cracking job if we’d signed him in January, but I think that would’ve been solely to keep us up. I’m the summer I think we’ll be looking longer term with respect to signings. 

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Nah. For the money they’d want, it’s a pointless signing imo, given he’s 31 in a few weeks time. He’d have done a cracking job if we’d signed him in January, but I think that would’ve been solely to keep us up. I’m the summer I think we’ll be looking longer term with respect to signings. 

Yeah the fact he’s 31 is the only thing putting me off 

I quite like Immobile - kind of off the shoulder type - if you want a physical

striker then there’s Belotti - ideal striker is Isak/Abraham type 

If Leeds go down, think we might have a chance of Kalvin Phillips. The prospect of him alongside Bruno is really exciting. The stability they could bring would offer a great foundation for whoever is in front of them. Thinking while writing this, I have actually seen relatively little of both of them, but they would nevertheless be my 'Penis' Wise stylee preference. 

Philips would be a great signing, as people have said alongside Bruno that would be a hell of a double 6 in midfield. Tielemans is another in the same kind of mold that I would love here. He's been rumoured to want to leave in the summer.

8 hours ago, Manxst said:

Him turning 31 doesn’t put me off at all tbh, with his physical build and style of play he could easily play at the top level for 4/5 more seasons.. but I can see why £40m for a 31 year old might seem a bit much. To me he perfectly fits the bill of what we’d be looking for, as for Calvert Lewin wouldn’t he be on more than 100k a week at Everton? I think it’s pretty safe to count out any player that’s earning north of that number for the next window. 

Edited by Nine