Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Love a bit of positivity but I’m struggling to understand how he was fine. He must have misplaced over ten passes in our own half. He put the free kick on the head of the first defender that led to their goal. Not going to dig him out as he’s one of our top three players consistently but this was his worst ever performance for us 

Ooof, when you put it like that! :lol:

19 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Didn't think he was terrible (set pieces aside) - he was sloppy first half but it was hardly just him.

Just needs a rest really 

I thought he was shocking personally, the amount of times he lost the ball and misplaced passes, and that's not even going into the standard of his set pieces. 

Edited by et tu brute

I hope that if he is selected for England during the International window that he pulls out.  He really needs a break.

Too many blaming him or commenting on his performance specifically.  By his own high standards he has been somewhat away from his best but, anything I saw just seemed to be related to fatigue. Still one of our most important players.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Def needs a break, not shit at all, just has to be fucking exhausted.

If you think of the ground he covers each game, last year he was in the top 10 for distance covered over the whole season.

15 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I thought he was shocking personally, the amount of times he lost the ball and misplaced passes, and that's not even going into the standard of his set pieces. 

He still completed the most passes of any player on the pitch. Despite being asked to swap sides twice during the game. So much of our play goes through him (too much, probably) so when he dips on performance it is more noticeable.

I think the lack of options in front of Trippier didn't help, I don't think out midfield was very mobile last night and they employed an aggressive press. He's one of our main outlets. I think we improved massively when tino dropped into defence and gave us another option.

9 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

He still completed the most passes of any player on the pitch. Despite being asked to swap sides twice during the game. So much of our play goes through him (too much, probably) so when he dips on performance it is more noticeable.

Yeah I agree and he's got more than a little credit in the bank. Every player has poor games no matter how good they are. 

Should be spending his time apologising to the fans for the worst corner in footballing history, instead of doing pointless videos.

If it wasn't for being one of our greatest ever signings, putting in man of the match performances game after game, and having hair, there's not much separating him from Stephen Carr.

Trippier has had 2 average games for us before then bounced back with great performances week after week

All these armchair critics don’t know better than Howe. 

Not sure it even is fitness - he made some long runs back - it’s just the laws of averages he’s had a couple of semi bad games 

3 hours ago, TBG said:

Should be spending his time apologising to the fans for the worst corner in footballing history, instead of doing pointless videos.

If it wasn't for being one of our greatest ever signings, putting in man of the match performances game after game, and having hair, there's not much separating him from Stephen Carr.

Just YT'd worst corner kicks and he wasn't on there. Might be wrong but there might've been a mackem (while playing for the Republic if Ireland).

And now it's doing my nappa in trying to think of the Newcastle player who kicked the corner flag instead while going to take a corner. Thinking Ruel Fox but not sure...... help please someone.

9 hours ago, madras said:

Just YT'd worst corner kicks and he wasn't on there. Might be wrong but there might've been a mackem (while playing for the Republic if Ireland).

And now it's doing my nappa in trying to think of the Newcastle player who kicked the corner flag instead while going to take a corner. Thinking Ruel Fox but not sure...... help please someone.

It was Ruel Fox, aye.  I think it was against Ipswich but don’t quote me on that.

Edited by Sima