Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

8 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

So: 

Bloke who goes to a lot of away games gives shit out at the end of defeat

Captain tells him he’s being a tool due to injuries

Bloke then apologises on social media saying he was a tool, was pissed up etc.

Not seeing the problem here 

Exactly - 2 weeks off then Chelsea at home and are a lot of yous in Paris :) I’ll be honest now and admit I’ll be nowhere near the Louvre also not doing rubbers or ket spoons but if anyone fancies a pint give me a DM.

howay the lads 

22 hours ago, LFEE said:

Because the tool’s apology won’t garner as much or any if at all coverage compared to the damage he caused with a blank two weeks to fill before the next game. Damage if only minor already done. Does that help?

No, it doesn’t. 

It’s forgotten about already after the Sunday games unless you live your life on tik tok/instagram and read the pointless comments.

21 hours ago, 80 said:

If you don't see how this could turn out badly, and don't see the context around those actions, this is a you thing.

It's astonishingly offensive to be giving the players, and Trippier out of all of them, shit about their first bad performance in arguably years when they're blatantly out on their feet BECAUSE they've worked so hard and keep winning games which keep us in all these competitions without anything like the squad to properly cope with it. If not, it sounds like they should've been savvy and thrown the Man City league cup match for a quiet life. Fuck the 'silverware dreaming' fans hopes, eh?

I appreciate the guy coming out publicly afterwards and holding his hands up - a direct apology would be a good move - but at the time what he needed was a solid right hook.

It’s not a ‘me thing’ though. 

The rest of your post I have no idea where it comes from tbh.

Yes, we should go and howk supporters we don’t agree with so social media can sort it out.

The whole thing is done and used and confined to nothing now.

I wonder if the "personal matter" might be Eddie doing that thing you can do on FM re: "set International instructions" and asking Southgate not to play him unless he needed him or maybe only for a half etc and then he goes and makes him do a 90 min stint against a pub team :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if we pulled him out on that basis.

Edited by Pilko

Saying that it's a personal matter is only going to cause speculation about that which is likely nobody's business.

Would rather they'd just said he'd had a mild illness like a dose of the shits, a paper-cut or tennis elbow.

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Local rumour mill is that he’s split up with his missus.

That might explain his outburst to a degree,  seemed a bit out of character but let's hope not and it's just gossip

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Local rumour mill is that he’s split up with his missus.

Wey you know what the local rumour will was like. Remember when Wilson went a few games without a goal last season after the WC and everyone was saying it was because he got some lass up the duff. Then he started banging them in (them = goals) and the rumour was swiftly swept under the carpet.