Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

What we lose with Trippier both on and off the field just honestly isn't even worth it for what we're likely to get like. Vice captain, one of the top assisters in the league never mind at the club. Unbelievably daft move if it goes through.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Guest reefatoon

This season has been fucking mental. [emoji38]

It all started out with so much promise too.

Hopefully in future we just stay quiet about financial fair play, being so public seems to have created open season on our squad in the media eyes. Just about everyone of our saleable players has been linked with someone. Hopefully this story turns out to be rubbish.

This is the kind of ruthless deal you have to do under FFP unfortunately. Move on an asset at the peak of its value to reinvest.

Of the ‘purple’ players, Trippier is arguably the easiest to lose. That’s not denigrating him as a footballer, because he’s one of the best full backs in Europe, but he’s 33 and we have a readymade replacement in Liveamento who we can’t justify keeping benched. If Botman, Bruno or Isak go on the otherhand we’re absolutely fucked.

Gutted if it turns out to be true, but I can see the rationale.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Loan makes no sense - even transfer will be a huge loss. Yes he's been off form for the past month he's still been on fire most the season.  Be a huge hole in the dressing room as well.  

Edited by duo

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

This season has been fucking mental. [emoji38]

It all started out with so much promise too.

Feels like the first really tricky spell under the new ownership.

24 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

14 years of Ashley really has done a psychological number on a massive amount of our fan base like. Why is everyone always so quick to assume everything negative is true?

I mean I have literally told you something that was second hand from the guy that owns the Vermont but you go ahead and just ignore it 👍🏻

I thought the Eales interview was fucking daft as fuck. And i am speaking from the point of view of someone who works in the public markets over in the USA and forward facing public comments impacting my business massively if statements of that type were made by any of my peers on th executive level. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What we lose with Trippier both on and off the field just honestly isn't even worth it for what we're likely to get like. Vice captain, one of the top assisters in the league never mind at the club. Daft move if it goes through.

Only logical reason could be he's asked for it, due to personal issues. I cant see it happening personally, he's an integral part of the club.

If the personal problems are to be believed, it’s not hard to understand why he would want a change of scenery.

But even from a footballing POV it’s not hard to see why he would want to go - last chance to play CL football, 2 English players there already, who would make it easier to settle, likely no European football here next season etc.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What we lose with Trippier both on and off the field just honestly isn't even worth it for what we're likely to get like. Vice captain, one of the top assisters in the league never mind at the club. Unbelievably daft move if it goes through.

And that’s why we wouldn’t be selling him voluntarily, if he leaves it’s because he wanted the move. We lose far more than we likely gain for a £10-15m fee.

The evidence shown by our business so far doesn’t suggest we’d be so ruthless to do this deal, it just doesn’t add up. I can see one of our more valuable assets leaving in the summer for sure, but this move doesn’t make a whole lot of sense on the pitch, in the dressing room or FFP wise.

Still, Trippier or any player moving on is never the end of the world and it is all cash that can be reinvested. This is a long term project and plenty more players will come and go.

Edited by Nine

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I keep telling myself there has to be more to this.

Said it yesterday but I see no reason why the club or Howe would see value in this deal. The top end of what we could get for him is barely going to get a quality bench option, let alone someone that can offer the kind of leadership he does off the pitch, on the pitch, being the focal point of attack.

Seriously fucking gutted about this. 

Edited by wormy

Just now, Kanji said:

I thought the Eales interview was fucking daft as fuck. And i am speaking from the point of view of someone who works in the public markets over in the USA and forward facing public comments impacting my business massively if statements of that type were made by any of my peers on th executive level. 

100% this!

Just now, Holmesy said:

If the personal problems are to be believed, it’s not hard to understand why he would want a change of scenery.

But even from a footballing POV it’s not hard to see why he would want to go - last chance to play CL football, 2 English players there already, who would make it easier to settle, likely no European football here next season etc.

I can 100% understand why he wants to go.  Last chance to win silverware basically.

1 minute ago, christ said:

This is the kind of ruthless deal you have to do under FFP unfortunately. Move on an asset at the peak of its value to reinvest.

Of the ‘purple’ players, Trippier is arguably the easiest to lose. That’s not denigrating him as a footballer, because he’s one of the best full backs in Europe, but he’s 33 and we have a readymade replacement in Liveamento who we can’t justify keeping benched. If Botman, Bruno or Isak go on the otherhand we’re absolutely fucked.

Gutted if it turns out to be true, but I can see the rationale.

How much is this asset worth fee wise? £10m? 

Will make little difference to FFP and we simply can't replace him for less. He's worth way more than that fee to us.

Something else to this story than FFP I feel.

What the fuck. Man, I love Trippier. Will be gutted if/when this happens. I know he's 33 and had a dodgy spell, but I really thought he'd retire here and be part of the coaching set up

It's a weird one. Something's been off for a couple of months. He's been in poor form fighting with fans and there's rumours all is not well at home. He's been a brilliant captain and player overall, but Livramento has been one of our best players this season and he's 33, so if we get decent cash I guess it makes sense from the club's perspective.

Edited by The Prophet