Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Not trying to start an argument, genuinely just curiosity, but for the people rationalising with 'if we get good money for him'.. What do you think is good money for him? Because however much we value him, I think we'll be lucky to exceed £15m considering it appears he's pushing for the move, 33 years old and has 18 months on his contract.

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yeah, corners and free kicks have been shite for ages anarl [emoji38] 

Well it's okay. Tonali can hit a free kick. Oh... It'll be okay next season? 😄

I don't understand the uproar to be honest. It's been clear many times that this is a long term project. I don't think that our team will fall apart if we sell Trippier, definetly not considering the form he has been in. Are we supposed to keep him until he's 35? Feels like many people are just ignoring his age somehow. In todays football you have to trade players, whether you like it or not. Football is different from what it was 10-20 years ago. I might have to eat my words, but don't think that it's going to make a very big difference to the rest of the season unless Livra gets injured (I know that may happen, but it's not a cerainty).

And again it might very well be that something is going on and that he wanted to leave, like others are saying. I also don't get why that would be a crazy thing. Players often want to change club nowadays, that's also different from 10-20 years ago.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, wormy said:

Not trying to start an argument, genuinely just curiosity, but for the people rationalising with 'if we get good money for him'.. What do you think is good money for him? Because however much we value him, I think we'll be lucky to exceed £15m considering it appears he's pushing for the move, 33 years old and has 18 months on his contract.

He’s a true leader, he’s doing it to help us out of our FFP hole [emoji38]

1 minute ago, wormy said:

If it's 15 mil, I'd rather keep him as he's that valuable to the team regardless of age but it seems he wants the move so what can you do. 

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Suppose that’s kind of the point. If they did offer significantly more than that, every player has a price.

I assume we’re doing it because it will allow us to strengthen other areas of the squad so it makes sense. Given how good Livramento is we were probably going to sell him in the summer anyway.

Livramento guaranteed to pull a hamstring the game after this move goes through, of course.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

I think 15 is about right given his age. It’s steady money, I’m not sure how FFP works so not sure what £15m gives us to play with in terms of buying new players. 

I thought the whole reason for coming to Newcastle was because he was home sick and wanted to be nearer home.  So am surprised he is going abroad again albeit with a couple of players he knows. 

Just now, oldtype said:

I assume we’re doing it because it will allow us to strengthen other areas of the squad so it makes sense. Given how good Livramento is we were probably going to sell him in the summer anyway.

Livramento guaranteed to pull a hamstring the game after this move goes through, of course.

Reoccurring ACL :bluestar:

2 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Broken leg. Again.

Edit: or ACL. 🤣

Edited by Joe1984

Just now, wormy said:

Same. Anything between £15m-£30m would probably be 'good' but what he brings on and off the field can't be replaced. Been an outstanding de facto captain and one of the best RBs in Europe the last 18 months.

However, a £20m fee goes straight onto the books but can spread across incoming transfers' contract lengths. Means we could bring 2 £50m players on  5 year contracts provided the first installment for both is £10m. I think?

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we are selling him to reinvest for a midfielder, it would need to be a creative one. Pretty much all our creativity now comes from Tripps.

Any a very cheap one seemingly

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Same. Anything between £15m-£30m would probably be 'good' but what he brings on and off the field can't be replaced. Been an outstanding de facto captain and one of the best RBs in Europe the last 18 months.

However, a £20m fee goes straight onto the books but can spread across incoming transfers' contract lengths. Means we could bring 2 £50m players on  5 year contracts provided the first installment for both is £10m. I think?

Give Bruno the armband 

IMG_3763.thumb.png.d94bc66f455d1f3593c5f9cf2af55305.png