Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, wormy said:

Not trying to start an argument, genuinely just curiosity, but for the people rationalising with 'if we get good money for him'.. What do you think is good money for him? Because however much we value him, I think we'll be lucky to exceed £15m considering it appears he's pushing for the move, 33 years old and has 18 months on his contract.

And good luck finding better for £15m.

I'd hate it to happen, but I could understand if we accepted £70m for Joelinton or £100m for Bruno, but this will hurt us more than we can gain from it.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we are selling him to reinvest for a midfielder, it would need to be a creative one. Pretty much all our creativity now comes from Tripps.

Agree, but the "gap" in our midfield will still be a problem without a CM/DM. 

Didn't he talk loads about his missus not being settled in Spain and he wanted to put roots back down in the UK etc when he moved here?

Then again, at 33, going abroad for 18-24 months to play for Bayern you might not bother uprooting them. Not sure if this is all true but sometimes no smoke without fire.

Obviously hope he doesn't go, if he does I hope we get a fee that helps remove us from the FFP stranglehold.

If he does go it’ll be very interesting to see whether this kick starts a bigger rejig on the playing side. I don’t think Miggy will be anywhere near as effective without Trips, so we might look to upgrade there too while his value is relatively high.

Why aye! Out of nowhere. 

Agree with others, having Livramento makes this a lot easier to take.

This also diminishes Almiron's effectiveness for me. Tripps is the only one who gets the best out of him with their shared understanding.

5 minutes ago, Karjala said:

And good luck finding better for £15m.

I'd hate it to happen, but I could understand if we accepted £70m for Joelinton or £100m for Bruno, but this will hurt us more than we can gain from it.

If we sold Bruno, we better buy a bloody good midfielder to replace him before the window closes. Because otherwise we are basically giving up on the season. That would hurt us more on the field with the midfield crisis we have. I believe our winrate without Bruno is also way worse than our winrate without Trippier.

Edited by Erikse

So a while back, rumours suggested he'd been messing and his relationship was on the rocks.

I didn't believe any of it and thought it was idiots stirring the pot. (Still not sure)

Can anyone explain wtf is going on, because he's a key player, and leader, the manger absolutely loves him, top pro and character. 

It's not making sense to me and I'm convinced it's bollocks?

Edited by mighty__mag

There is something to be said for him being a progress stopper for Tino, but then again Tino could probably learn a fair bit from him too. It's a no-lose situation IMO.

I'd probably be marginally in favour of shifting him if we can recoup £20m+.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

If we sold Bruno, we better buy a bloody good midfielder to replace him before the window closes. Because otherwise we are basically giving up on the season. That would hurt us more on the field with the midfield crisis we have. I believe our winrate without Bruno is also way worse than it is without Trippier.

For sure, but I could see the long term argument.

Fwiw, I still don't think we are a million miles away from challenging, and don't believe we need to sell players. Keep the current squad more or less fit, and add 3 pieces of quality in the summer, along with Tonali.