Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

28 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Yes, but if we don't need the benefit in this 3rd season of a rolling 3 year period, we may as well get in the 3 next sets of rolling seasons.

So if we got a fee now, it would feature as the 3rd year of the season ending 2024...and by all accounts we're ok so would be "unnecessary" profit in that 3 years.

By deferring to August, would you get the benefit in:

year 3 of 3 year period ending 2025

Year 2 of 3 year period ending 2026

Year 3 of3 year period ending 2027

I think [emoji38]:explode:

If there’s any year where we may need to bring in more money it’s the current one.

Also, there’s not really a thing as unnecessary profit. Even if it’s not needed for the current three year period, it’s granting future flexibility on losses.

More details here: 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I don't get why only after a couple of years of moving back to England for family reasons, they'd want to up sticks already and move abroad again. 

To Germany too. They couldn’t even settle in Spain.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

He said it in one of his YouTube videos a while back.  I’d have to go through his online video ouevre, and I’m not willing to do that :) - so you’ll have to take my word for it.  

👍

Another reason I’m convinced this isn’t happening (or at least Tripps isn’t pushing it at all) is that I know for a fact that some of his family have literally just moved to Newcastle (like literally in the last month).

Edited by Shadow Puppets

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hope was shielded for a long time because of how he went in on Bruce. He's a really unlikeable, shit-stirring bloke, who just like actual journalists, has a ridiculously inflated opinion about the worth of the work he does.

Obviously it's because Hope is Bruce's long lost son...  And he only popped around his mother's house for the Bacon!

CRAIGHOPE-BRUCE.webp

7 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Christ, the amortisation ultras are out in force again. 

If anyone really wants to see the damage FFP has done to football with the implementation we have, they just need to look at forums and twitter and see how often fans now have to talk about accountancy procedures like amortisation. I mean, I know it's not the most complex subject (although the guy in that tweet has got it wrong), but fuck me, I watch football because I like football, not to have to think about finance all the time.

It's nuts, really.

I am comfortable with this one either way and would have no issue leaving it to Trippier to decide, we already have his replacement and I wouldn’t stop him from making the move if that is what he wanted.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

If anyone really wants to see the damage FFP has done to football with the implementation we have, they just need to look at forums and twitter and see how often fans now have to talk about accountancy procedures like amortisation. I mean, I know it's not the most complex subject (although the guy in that tweet has got it wrong), but fuck me, I watch football because I like football, not to have to think about finance all the time.

It's nuts, really.

What this fanbase has become experts in over the last few years is ridiculous. Least you've not had to approach Geopolitical expertise just to support the club you were born next to.

I will hold absolutely no grudge against him if he, at 33, had a chance to go win the German league and compete for trophies there for 1 or 2 seasons. 

Can we all agree on one thing for ONCE?   When it comes to this football club there is ALWAYS going to be something to talk about :lol: Didn’t see this coming.. 

Edited by Ikon

Think we’d be crazy to consider this for anything less than an extortionate fee. Despite his recent form he’s a very good player and a very important part of our dressing room. I can imagine Ritchie, and maybe Lascelles will leave in the summer, selling three of players from our leadership group would be risky.

25 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If there’s any year where we may need to bring in more money it’s the current one.

Also, there’s not really a thing as unnecessary profit. Even if it’s not needed for the current three year period, it’s granting future flexibility on losses.

More details here: 

Only useful if they want to spend now. If they dont want to, it is unnecessary for the 3 year rolling period ending 2024 as by all accounts we're good. Might as well then have the benefit in years 2025, 2026, 2027.

2 hours ago, Memphis said:

2. We sell Trippier for a nice fee and the players immediately get upset, thinking that the project is stalling, and the future here isn't as bright as they expected. Other players start to see their heads being turned by offers and they start to doubt whether or not this is the right project for them. The rest of the season dwindles away in a sea of rumour and discontent and the summer is a reclamation project as we have to rebuild not only players but also attitudes. 

This sounds like the type of conspiracy theory that the media would try to push just to get clicks. The players will know what's going on, and why. They are professionals, and they are not stupid. Do you have any example of players getting upset and fleeing a club because they sold an ageing teammate?

Edited by Erikse

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still don’t quite understand why Bayern want him.

I don’t think they have a Sporting Director I’m place? So all transfers are going via Tuchel

Seems likely considering the Dier signing 

17 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Only useful if they want to spend now. If they dont want to, it is unnecessary for the 3 year rolling period ending 2024 as by all accounts we're good. Might as well then have the benefit in years 2025, 2026, 2027.

That's not true. We don't know if we're good and, based on all the noises from the club, how we structured Hall, etc., it's obviously pretty tight. We know we need to be profitable in the 2023/24 accounts. We also don't know where we're going to finish in the PL, which can be a decent amount of revenue. The difference between 6th and 10th is almost £9m.

But let's say we are good right now and on track for a £15m profit. If we were to do something that increases that to, say, £30m then it gives us an extra £15m buffer (for losses) in 2024/25 and 2025/26.

31 minutes ago, Erikse said:

This sounds like the type of conspiracy theory that the media would try to push just to get clicks. The players will know what's going on, and why. They are professionals, and they are not stupid. Do you have any example of players getting upset and fleeing a club because they sold an ageing teammate?

If those rumours about Trippier are true, this could be Eddie and the team sorting it out 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

That's not true. We don't know if we're good and, based on all the noises from the club, how we structured Hall, etc., it's obviously pretty tight. We know we need to be profitable in the 2023/24 accounts. We also don't know where we're going to finish in the PL, which can be a decent amount of revenue. The difference between 6th and 10th is almost £9m.

But let's say we are good right now and on track for a £15m profit. If we were to do something that increases that to, say, £30m then it gives us an extra £15m buffer (for losses) in 2024/25 and 2025/26.

To be fair, the original point was how would a loan benefit us, and my answer was predicated on us being on target for 3 years ending 2024.

On that basis it is true and I'm sure it is tight, and frankly no one has any clue where we'll end up, BUT, if they have forecasted (and they'll be revisiting on a monthly basis for several different scenarios) that we'll be OK as is, then might as well take the revenue to benefit 2025, 2026 AND 2027, not just 2 years.