Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

11 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Could it feasibly unlock one permanent transfer and a loan to buy? 

I doubt it. If we get £12m - that's a £30m-40m signing on a 5 year deal + wages. I assume we could do with the additional head room.

Getting £12m in a fee won't unlock a mass spending spree IMO. 

11 hours ago, Stifler said:

Ok, here is my 2 cents.

People keep on banging on about Trippier staying to coach, being good around the squad etc. However there is no indication that he is going to go down that path, and if he is, if it is with us. A year ago people were saying the same about Ritchie, and now with FFP being tight, people are realising that having him on the books in terms of wages is possibly holding us back.

If we are looking to improve in this window then we have only a few sellable players at the club we could get some money from, these are Trippier, Wilson, Joelinton, Bruno, Isak, and Botman. The last 3 are the ones people think/hope have a long term future here. Trippier is coming to the end of his career. We already know that he can’t cope with 2+ games a week. In fact for a few months now people have been saying his performances have dropped a bit, and his set pieces have been an issue for longer.

With Wilson, yeah he is great when he’s fit, but he’s always in and out of fitness. Like Trippier he is coming towards the end of his career, and at a time when we should be looking to replace him.

I’m not sure what the club are thinking, but from my perspective, I’d rather lose be losing Trippier, and Wilson now, then lose either of the other 3, plus Tonali in the summer.

This also isn’t an Ashley situation where you know we are not going to replace either of those players, ok we might have to wait until the summer because of others clubs being reluctant to sell, but we will replace them. In the case of Trippier we arguably already have.

Agreed. It still sucks though.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

He went on to say this morning, it was rafas fault as he left the bins out and he was taking no responsibility for all the Greggs wrappers blowing across the training ground. 

4 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

He went on to say this morning, it was rafas fault as he left the bins out and he was taking no responsibility for all the Greggs wrappers blowing across the training ground. 

Tbf those bins wouldv taken some gales to be blown away, what with players cooling down in them. 

20 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

What figure would that be. We bought him for £12m if we got more than that for him 2 years later it's a no brainer. 

He could play for another 3 seasons in the German league. Livramento would be keeping him out of our starting line up next season if we bought a lb.

I think we must have a target in sight in a more critical position and trips going is just part of the collateral. I doubt that we would just sell for the sake of it and he is on £140k per week. 

If we got our money back and he wants to go then it’s ok I suppose. I think Bayern are looking for cheap deals though. I’ve not seen any figures mentioned yet, other than them preferring a loan.

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Last time I got into a squabble with KaKa he berated me over several posts for suggesting Nketiah wasn't a good enough striker for Arsenal to win the league.

Blokes an absolute fool man.

f02a986f0332ed69a2d4eae43943c013.gif

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

£11m is a fucking joke like, what the hell would be the point of that from our side? 

He's 33 years old ffs, what do you expect, £25m? 

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

According to Steiner Math, £11m would give us £33’ 1/3m to spend. 

The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for Eddie Howe in January. 

1 minute ago, Rocker said:

The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for Eddie Howe in January. 

But then again you know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at Steve Bruce and you look at Eddie Howe and you can see that statement is not true.

I don't know what's more laughable, the idea that we'd want £11m for him or the idea that Bayern wouldn't instantly stump up such a small fee for a player of his ability. He still has a good 2 or 3 years left in him tbh, 33 isn't as old as people make it out to be in the current game; it's not like he's had an injury plagued career.  

People are completely blinded by that dip on form he had in December, prior to that he was playing the best football of his career. 

12 minutes ago, Beth said:

He's 33 years old ffs, what do you expect, £25m? 

People on here really live in cloud cuckoo land, having wet dreams of landing £20m for a 33 year old full back. I don't actually think Bayern are serious about him anyway, they are using this alleged bid to try and put pressure on PSG to release their 26 year old full back, his name escapes me now.

It’s one of those weird deals where we stand to lose a lot on the pitch but we have no way of recouping much value unless we sell in this window. When you look at the players who have either been sold in this regime or those who look likely to go, there’s a very clear pattern. If you’re old, not good enough and there is money coming in for you, you’ll go. I don’t have a major issue with it in the long-term. In the short-term it obviously depends on whether we can get some quality players. If we can’t, we’ll be playing with a disastrous squad until May 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

People on here really live in cloud cuckoo land, having wet dreams of landing £20m for a 33 year old full back. I don't actually think Bayern are serious about him anyway, they are using this alleged bid to try and put pressure on PSG to release their 26 year old full back, his name escapes me now.

Nordi Mukiele 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's like playing football manager on here at times. Expecting £30m plus for the likes of Almiron as well.