Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

When he was lining up the free kick, before he took it, the commentator said something about how he's scored in a World Cup semi final and I couldn't help but smile in that moment - obviously smiled a hell of a lot more a few seconds later.

Aye, just one of three Englishmen to have ever scored in a World Cup semi final, casually strolling up to take a free kick after having joined the club in the midst of a relegation battle from the Spanish champions. 

We've made worse signings, like. 

I absolutely love the guy. I was extremely critical of him last week and I don't think it was unjustified, and I've felt really worried that the injury had completely knocked the stuffing out of him. One of those 'we can't have nice things' feelings when you worry that a diamond has been ruined, particularly when he felt like such a special, significant signing. Hopefully I've unnecessarily rushed into being unduly pessimistic cos he was really good today, even aside from the free-kick. Love how much the other players look up to him as well. 

28 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I absolutely love the guy. I was extremely critical of him last week and I don't think it was unjustified, and I've felt really worried that the injury had completely knocked the stuffing out of him. One of those 'we can't have nice things' feelings when you worry that a diamond has been ruined, particularly when he felt like such a special, significant signing. Hopefully I've unnecessarily rushed into being unduly pessimistic cos he was really good today, even aside from the free-kick. Love how much the other players look up to him as well. 

I think he'll struggle more against pacy wingers. Neither Foden or Bernardo Silva are particularly fast, hence why Trippier and Burn handled them pretty well.

I don't think the injury has affected him at all since it was a bone fracture, not muscle/tendon injury, he's just never been very fast. His contribution on and off the pitch far outweights his limited limitations.

Just now, Conjo said:

I think he'll struggle more against pacy wingers. Neither Foden or Bernardo Silva are particularly fast, hence why Trippier and Burn handled them pretty well.

I don't think the injury has affected him at all since it was a bone fracture, not muscle/tendon injury, he's just never been very fast. His contribution on and off the pitch far outweights his limited limitations.

And how about those free kicks? :love:

Guest HTT II

One of the best strikes I’ve ever seen from a free-kick, he was central and took, what 3-4 steps, an amazing goal. An amazing player!

1 hour ago, La Parka said:

I feel like he's the epitome of the Howe era. A battler, professional, a leader and has a point to prove. 

His focus when he takes a free-kick is mind-blowing. Beckham vs Greece levels, on a consistent basis. I knew he had a reputation, but I don't think he's ever lived up to it to this degree.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

One of the best strikes I’ve ever seen from a free-kick, he was central and took, what 3-4 steps, an amazing goal. An amazing player!

I don't even know how he did that. I was saying it was more suited to a left footer, but he couldn't have hit that any better. One of those that sticks in your mind, like the Dwight Gayle header a couple of seasons back.

Hope he’s at the club for the long term. Here until he retires then joins the coaching staff. Bloke is a world class player, tactically astute (years under the best manager in the world), a role model and just a genuinely class fella.

I hope we look back in ten years as his signing being the first of something special.