Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

We also paid £25m for Chris Wood and he's got a foam head.

Swings and roundabouts tbf. 

I still think Wood will get a few goals once he's used to playing in a team that tries to score goals.

It's hard to imagine how a full back can make such a huge improvement to a team.

I knew he had great delivery and free kicks before he signed, but he fights, he tackles, he leads, he plays and he scores.

Just world class and MOTM today

6 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

We also paid £25m for Chris Wood and he's got a foam head.

Swings and roundabouts tbf. 

Played: 3

Won: 2

Draw: 1

Lost: 

Say what you want about Wood, but there's no way we pick up 7 points from 3 games without him. 

Trippier though :smitten:He was absolutely incredible tonight, a proper 10/10 performance.

Praying he's fine for Sunday 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol:every single good result comes at the cost of an injured player

You’d like to think he’s experienced enough to know to signal to come off before making it worse. Not ideal though obviously.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

It's hard to imagine how a full back can make such a huge improvement to a team.

I knew he had great delivery and free kicks before he signed, but he fights, he tackles, he leads, he plays and he scores.

Just world class and MOTM today

Makes more sense when we look at TAA at Liverpool though.

We get him on the ball a lot.

11 minutes ago, Khalidao said:

He's one of those players who bring more than just football to the squad. Should be captain IMO

I agree but clearly howe wants a team with leadership throughout. I am very critical of the actual ability in the squad and bruce tried very hard to drain away the mentality but the reason we didnt get relegated under bruce (somehow) is there is good mindset quite deep into teh squad, Lasceles, Schar, (ritchie when playing), even Shelvey if you forget his actual stupid tackling all are vocal and seem to fight for each other. Wilson and even Big Joe seem to buy into this too. Bruce fluked his time because half the squad could do his job themselves and the other half had a hard lesson from rafa in taking responsibility. Taking the captaincy from a player seems unnecessary when the team have the attitude to fight for the team and not let ego get in way. 

We have been desperately poor but i dont think a lot of the squad has ever been lacking in leaders really is all i mean.

Actually had a feeling he was gonna score that free kick as he was lining it up. The few minutes before that he'd been fucking everywhere, you could see through the TV that the guy was fucking feeling it and fancied the shot.

Fucking class.

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I agree but clearly howe wants a team with leadership throughout. I am very critical of the actual ability in the squad and bruce tried very hard to drain away the mentality but the reason we didnt get relegated under bruce (somehow) is there is good mindset quite deep into teh squad, Lasceles, Schar, (ritchie when playing), even Shelvey if you forget his actual stupid tackling all are vocal and seem to fight for each other. Wilson and even Big Joe seem to buy into this too. Bruce fluked his time because half the squad could do his job themselves and the other half had a hard lesson from rafa in taking responsibility. Taking the captaincy from a player seems unnecessary when the team have the attitude to fight for the team and not let ego get in way. 

We have been desperately poor but i dont think a lot of the squad has ever been lacking in leaders really is all i mean.

You have a point. Lascelles did alright today, but I don't see him being a starter in the long run. Obviously you cannot captain a team from the bench.

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

Actually had a feeling he was gonna score that free kick as he was lining it up. The few minutes before that he'd been fucking everywhere, you could see through the TV that the guy was fucking feeling it and fancied the shot.

Fucking class.

Totally. Moments before I was wittering on to my lass about how class he'd been. Said "he'll score this" as we was lining up, then I absolutely hit the roof when he did. 

Moment of the season on the pitch like, has to be. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Totally. Moments before I was wittering on to my lass about how class he'd been. Said "he'll score this" as we was lining up, then absolutely hit the roof when he did. 

Moment of the season on the pitch like, has to be. 

On a side note, my fiance is utterly fucking sickened by this takeover and me caring about football again :lol: