Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Watching that free kick fly in was the first time in all of this that I've seen a level of quality that feels a bit alien to me. I know Cabaye and Raylor could bang them in, but that felt different. He's absolutely class.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Watching that free kick fly in was the first time in all of this that I've seen a level of quality that feels a bit alien to me. I know Cabaye and Raylor could bang them in, but that felt different. He's absolutely class.

I got an boner...

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

For me I think it's just the fact that his set pieces in general are so fantastic. As you say we've had players that could score a lovely free kick but how many of them could so consistently cause danger on top of that from an indirect free kick or corner?

His goal just seemed to perfectly cap off a match where I can't think of many instances where he didn't hit a team mate from a set piece or at the very least, cause Everton to panic in the penalty box. The goal just felt deserved for him.

And by God the more I watch it back the more I love the celebration. He seems to already love it at the club. :smitten:

Rolls Royce of a player, that control and touch on the other flank was brilliant, his anticipation, reading of the game and his strength for his size is amazing. What I love most, however, about his game, is that he always looks to play a positive forward pass, he’s always looking forwards and he makes some lovely clipped balls in and his cross-field passing is superb too. We all know the quality of his crossing and set-pieces, but his his passing it top-drawer. Take note Shelvey, you don’t need to hit a Hollywood pass to play a good pass, it’s often the simple and most instinctive passes that are going to cause damage or get us on the front foot going forwards.

8 hours ago, madras said:

He's our captain. Others may wear the arm band, toss a coin, but we can all see who leads this team.

Others have probably mentioned this already but I was sat right behind the gallowgate goal and he literally picked our players up out of the goal after Everton scored. You could see him willing the team to victory throughout the whole game. He's a really special player, the most important signing we've made in god knows how long.

This is only his 3rd PL game for us, it feels like he’s been here for ever, he’s fitted in so well and has hit the ground running!

There was one touch/pass in particular in the first half which was absolutely sublime. He took 2 players out of the game in what seemed like a really tricky situation. He's genuinely brilliant. 

Can't believe we've managed to sign him. Brings absolutely everything to the fold we needed - leadership, set pieces, crossing, tackling and just lifts everyone around him to another level. You can really see how the other players look up to him and try to find him whenever. Like he relishes having the ball under pressure. Boy did we need that. And it seems Bruno brings similar elements to the fold. We've had too many players scared of having the ball under pressure. Massive big dick energy.

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Others have probably mentioned this already but I was sat right behind the gallowgate goal and he literally picked our players up out of the goal after Everton scored. You could see him willing the team to victory throughout the whole game. He's a really special player, the most important signing we've made in god knows how long.

What I found telling was after Everton squandered a chance in the first half, it went out for a goal kick. He was straight over to Dubs telling him to calm it and take time to quash any momentum.

I then glanced over to Captain Calamity, who was trudging back out of the 18-yard box with his head down. No communication at all. Strip the armband ASAP tbh.

I liked how as he was putting the ball down for the free kick he was chirping at the ref, asking some questions about decisions and getting his point across quietly and confidently. Great to see him applying some subtle pressure to an official as well as going into full shithouse mode winding up their players.

We've really lacked that cocky attitude.

Edited by bobbydazzla