Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

53 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How much could this just be the German press knowing Bayern want him, he's mates with Kane and Dier and just assuming he'd go? They're probably not used to them being knocked back by a player or club. 

We saw the way the Italian press went on when we were linked with Botman along with Milan that they just assumed he'd end up over there. 

That was definitely the feeling we got all along with Kane, and during the Dragusin stuff a couple of journos suggested it was the case in Germany - for example when they wanted other Bundesliga players.

I don’t know what wages they offer in general, but we heard that their late offer to Dragusin included higher wages than ours. Wouldn’t surprisenme at all if they could offer Trippier a lot for a couple of years.

Some absolute melts on Twitter kicking off with Trippier and blaming his personal life. We have some disgusting fans.

If he leaves he's  a club legend in my eyes.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

Some absolute melts on Twitter kicking off with Trippier and blaming his personal life. We have some disgusting fans.

If he leaves he's  a club legend in my eyes.

I’m perfectly ok with him leaving, but he’d still be the best RB I’ve seen in B&W to date.  I’m hopeful Livramento will take that crown quickly. 

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It won't be anywhere near that for a 33 year old. Pretty sure other than Ronaldo nobody at that age has ever gone for anywhere near that kind of fee.

If we got 10-15 we'd have done very well.

Don't think getting £10million would be very good business at all

You won't get significantly more than that for a player of his age and wages though. Just doesn't happen. 

It's not a lot in real terms but it could open up wiggle room for potentially two signings.

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Don't think getting £10million would be very good business at all

I think we would demand more than that. I also think they will be willing to pay more if they don't get Mukiele.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’m hearing Kimmich and de Ligt were offered in exchange which makes me think, if we have rejected it, then the owners don’t have a scooby what they’re doing. 

Can’t be true mate.  Kimmich is worth several times what Trippier is

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

You won't get significantly more than that for a player of his age and wages though. Just doesn't happen. 

It's not a lot in real terms but it could open up wiggle room for potentially two signings.

We paid £12m for him two years ago.  He would have literally no resale value even if he was to leave Bayern in the near future.  No way they pay much more than we did.  The £15m+ talk is crackers. 

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’m hearing Kimmich and de Ligt were offered in exchange which makes me think, if we have rejected it, then the owners don’t have a scooby what they’re doing. 

Absolutely no chance.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Since we'll not be willing sellers surely we set a price we'd be somewhat comfortable with. I wouldn't be comfortable with 10m, so if that means Bayern don't get him tough luck. I'm sure he'll get back to being his brilliant self after the initial disappointment wears off.

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

hearing from who?

theres no chance. may be tripps as part ex.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Both? What a silly rumour. They're worth 140m euros total according to transfermarkt. 75m for Kimmisch and 65m for De Ligt.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’d get your ears syringed 

Unless Trippier forces the move it won't happen. Too old to warrant a big fee, too important for us to accept a bid of his true value which is probably around £10m mark.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Think you're going fishing with that post. Save it for Twitter. 0 chance that's actually true.

Just now, Conjo said:

Unless Trippier forces the move it won't happen. Too old to warrant a big fee, too important for us to accept a bid of his true value which is probably around £10m mark.

This is my thinking. If they’ve looked at it and his wages off the books and a £10m’ish fee means we can get a couple of deals done this month. Then I could maybe see it. 

But he is so important to how we play. So much goes through him. He often sets the tone. He’s well respected, our leader and captain. 

Not sure on the numbers now. But until recently, early Jan, I think. He was joint 2nd on chances created in the league

12 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Call bullshit on that one, both together are worth far more than trips