Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Once again people been taken in by these so called ITK journalists on twitter when its quite clear its not as close as they say. I include myself in that.

It's obvious we're after him so we just have to let it play out. We have 2 weeks until our next league game.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

We'd be daft to bid the release clause amount straight away.

I don’t disagree - but once our initial speculative bid gets rejected, how long does it take to get it completed?

It’s a hugely important signing, not just to improve on the pitch, but send out a statement to other players who may be on the fence about joining.

In this case I’d be getting terms agreed instantly and bringing him in, to allow progress elsewhere.

We need the player, player is happy to join and has a decently priced release clause. Any delay just encourages some other scabby team like Chelsea to come in for him.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You should try Valium, FB.

:lol: I just like things to get done. Pissing around irritates me. Especially when it’s as straightforward as this signing.

Might explain my impulsive and unnecessary purchases when the mrs sends me to the shops.

I can't see this happening and don't really buy the idea that Trippier is keen. Why would he give up being a starter for Simeone to get involved in a potentially turgid relegation battle? Expect this one to slowly peter out over the next fortnight. 

28 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t disagree - but once our initial speculative bid gets rejected, how long does it take to get it completed?

It’s a hugely important signing, not just to improve on the pitch, but send out a statement to other players who may be on the fence about joining.

In this case I’d be getting terms agreed instantly and bringing him in, to allow progress elsewhere.

We need the player, player is happy to join and has a decently priced release clause. Any delay just encourages some other scabby team like Chelsea to come in for him.

Howe's appointment was reportedly delayed by negotiations over Tindall's wage. We might have a lot of money behind us but our owners clearly aren't going to be pushovers.

Edited by Jackie Broon

7 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Why would he give up being a starter for Simeone to get involved in a potentially turgid relegation battle?

Because if we can navigate this season successfully, he could be part of the start of something exciting.

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

It's Sunday lads, transfer market has barely been open 48 hours. Jesus Christ.

People need to stop turning this place into RAWK and seeing any sort of questions asked as criticism that isn’t allowed.

People are rightly concerned the consortium has again been pushing this deal in the media, despite it not being as close as reported.

”No red flags”

”Emery coming in within 24 hours”

Their track record on this is poor. They need to cut it out. 

I think this deal will ultimately happen, but it’ll be another unnecessary embarrassment if we fuck about too much and someone else nips in for him.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

People need to stop turning this place into RAWK and seeing any sort of questions asked as criticism that isn’t allowed.

People are rightly concerned the consortium has again been pushing this deal in the media, despite it not being as close as reported.

”No red flags”

”Emery coming in within 24 hours”

Their track record on this is poor. They need to cut it out. 

I think this deal will ultimately happen, but it’ll be another unnecessary embarrassment if we fuck about too much and someone else nips in for him.

Who said it’s not as close as reported? What had been reported is that we have made a bid, and the player is keen. That is all.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Who said it’s not as close as reported? What had been reported is that we have made a bid, and the player is keen. That is all.

Trippier is starting a match for A.Madrid in 5 minutes, it’s clearly not that imminent. 

As I said, I expect we’ll sign him but the longer it goes on the longer we give someone else the opportunity to shithouse in. Or, pick up a long term injury playing a game today.

It’s unnecessary risk taking, imo. Said the same about delaying sacking Bruce (despite being called a bedwetter then too) and that has ultimately cost us already.

Edited by Fantail Breeze