Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Local rumour mill is that he’s split up with his missus.

She posted that funny tweet about rewatching the Arteta meltdown on repeat and they seemed sound enough then.

Keith Downie provides positive update on Kieran Trippier

Downie has taken to X (formerly known as Twitter) to provide an encouraging update on Trippier’s status ahead of Newcastle’s game against Chelsea on Saturday.

“Kieran Trippier was back training with Newcastle today and is set to face Chelsea this weekend,” he wrote. 

“The defender withdrew from the England squad for “a personal matter” and missed last night’s draw with Macedonia. The issue isn’t expected to keep Trippier out of Saturday’s match.”

?? let’s hope he’s got his successful passing and beat the first man crossing boots on [emoji38] 

Glad he’s back in for Chewsee. 

6 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I believe several players have been burgled while away on International duty. 

I don’t know why it somehow feels worse than scumbags turning over anyone else’s home; perhaps because the players, to me, represent or city/region and should be treated with respect? But it does feel worse and makes me want to go into full vigilante, torch lit, pitchfork wielding,  hounding-out mode! 

16 hours ago, magvicar said:

Whatever the issue is with Trippier, maybe it's been an issue for a while and would explain his haphazard performances over the last few games.

Obviously it's just a wild guess by me and could be so far away from the truth.

I remember thinking the same about Sandro T. Decent preseason. Fabulous first game. Then he,  performances and non-verbals in general, looked a bit off. Here’s hoping Tripps isn’t living with ongoing ‘stressors’/something ominous hanging over him.  

26 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I remember thinking the same about Sandro T. Decent preseason. Fabulous first game. Then he,  performances and non-verbals in general, looked a bit off. Here’s hoping Tripps isn’t living with ongoing ‘stressors’/something ominous hanging over him.  

Needs a txt from Matt Ritchie to sort him out.

On 21/11/2023 at 13:31, TBG said:

Quite worrying that both the club and player won't come out and discuss the private matter publicly. 

Agree, none of our business. He should just do what that Diaz did. Carry on playing football, regardless, and just pull his shirt up to reveal the text... 

"Come home, luv, we all miss you" 

or

"Can we have our stuff back" 

Or whatever ?

16 hours ago, magvicar said:

Whatever the issue is with Trippier, maybe it's been an issue for a while and would explain his haphazard performances over the last few games.

Obviously it's just a wild guess by me and could be so far away from the truth.

Unless he knew he was going to be burgled, I suspect not…

He must be such a pain in the ass to play against with all his experience. There was a moment when the ball went out to Cucarella and you could tell he was going to head it to Mudryk and right before the ball got to Cucarella Tripps pushed Mudryk out of position (before a foul could get called) so that when the ball got headed it went to straight to Tripps. It’s that kind of shit that must frustrate you as an opposing player so much. :lol: And it’s those kind of little things you only gain with hundreds of top flight appearances.