Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

I said it last week but I'm really worried we end his career early by running him into the ground. If we want him to continue at his peak for another 2 seasons then we will have to pick and choose whst games he plays.

Today was the day to rest him. Hall at lb and livra at rb. Rest him for Milan where his experience will be needed, in a game where we should have a stronger hold on. 

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve a lot of sympathy for him, he’s a model pro and a top player who is so completely cabbaged at this point that it’s sad to watch him.  Glad he misses Fulham, given that Howe simply won’t rest him a ban is the only way he misses a game or two.

Hopefully the knowledge of a week off to rest after it will see him back to something like his best vs Milan

Reminds me of someone who has played a hard game of 5 a side and then plays another one straight after when the next lot on the court are short of a player and ask for a volunteer to make up the numbers.

Just now, Beth said:

Reminds me of someone who has played a hard game of 5 a side and then plays another one straight after when the next lot on the court are short of a player and ask for a volunteer to make up the numbers.

Been there, its the 3rd that the killer.

Was worried he'd done a Burn when he fell. Still am to be honest.

Allowing for the fact we've been crying out for the opportunity to make substitutions, it's a real shame he had to come off.

28 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Was holding or checking his left thigh a lot in the first half. Looked like he was carrying a minor knock

He was wincing in pain when kicking with it.  He needs a rest for sure, errors are creeping in.

On 13/12/2023 at 23:09, duo said:

He was wincing in pain when kicking with it.  He needs a rest for sure, errors are creeping in.

Understatement when it's like 5 goals now this month directly down to Trippier :lol:

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

And how many times has he saved us, it’s not like he’s the top assisted in the team either. I get that people are hurting currently, but a few on here have seriously short memories

His status and what he's done for us aren't even in question, but he's had an absolute shitter of a time lately. I'm sure he'll bounce back but he needs to cut these basic errors out, they're exactly what someone with loads of experience shouldn't be doing.