Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Let's hope it's not his metatarsal based on how it ended for our last England international who broke his :lol: 

It's obviously a big blow, but it's not to the extent where I belive it will sway one way or the other in terms of staying up.

Agree with this. Posted the same on another thread, but it's lucky the lack of faith on here isn't mirrored by the fans in the ground. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I know how good he has been and the influence he has, but sides don’t get relegated because their right back is injured.

He's THE leader in the team and is our best player by a country mile.  It's no coincidence since he signed we've not lost in the league.

Edited by duo

9 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If he's out 6 weeks, that five games. West Ham, Brentford, BHA, Chelsea, Palace.

The Palace game will be moved if they progress in the fa cup (they have Stoke at home). 

Trying to soften the blow however I can.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Because we still have more quality in the dugout and on the pitch than the three teams below us.

Fair and I agree to an extent but we had them prior to January and weren't faring so well. 

Just feel that losing his presence on the pitch and set pieces will be missed sorely. 

Thought Kraft actually did quite well in the second half. It’d be a blow but I don’t think it’d make or break us, we’re riding a wave at the moment and I expect that to continue.

Funnily enough I’d probably be more concerned with scoring goals without Trippier, rather than conceding them.

6 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Fair and I agree to an extent but we had them prior to January and weren't faring so well. 

Just feel that losing his presence on the pitch and set pieces will be missed sorely. 

Oh, it definitely will affect our performances don't get me wrong :lol: I just don't think it will affect us so much that we end up with less points than the three teams below us.

Notice the photo of him at the RVI reception right... he's already wearing the moon boot, does that mean that the club doctor put it on him, rather than the hospital? You wouldn't see the reception on your way out of A&E.

I'm pure clutching and going against my own ITK here mind.

Just now, STM said:

Notice the photo of him at the RVI reception right... he's already wearing the moon boot, does that mean that the club doctor put it on him, rather than the hospital? You wouldn't see the reception on your way out of A&E.

I'm pure clutching and going against my own ITK here mind.

I don’t know why but I always assumed clubs would have private healthcare for x-rays like this :lol: Seems mad that he’s been sat in the waiting room at the RVI.

2 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Yes he is a right back but his set pieces on corners and free kicks are our biggest threat 

Three games ago Shelvey scored our only goal in a 1-0 match on free kick. Fraser can deliver decent corners and did so today. It's not the end of the world even though it's a hard pill to swallow that we may be without Trippier for some time.

He does everything with class. His leadership is massive. But also his game play is immense, from small details to much bigger things. All the details he offers us is invaluable. 

Can't stress it enough. We could still stay up but it's a massive blow. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Fucking nightmare. Only we could come out of a massive win less likely to stay up than when the game started.

I don't think that's the case, like. Even without Trippier, the momentum we've already got takes a lot of pressure off the lads coming in.

Tbh it's taken the shine off the win today regardless of any speculation. ITK or otherwise, moon-boot and crutches is the last thing you want to see for your MVP. Hopefully his influence will permeate from the sidelines because his contribution clearly goes beyond what he's provided on the pitch.