Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

We genuinely aren’t ok defensively now, Krapth just couldn’t handle the right side there was so much space that was giving Aston Villa joy. The VAR call and the shock that it gave saved us as it scared Howe into making a tactical change.

he will need help and the only way we can do that is to move to five at the back which has its own problems

No mention of it. Proper leader that is my guess. Not about him. Any other player would mention it. 

But this is better if we are still hoping he is OK :lol: doubt it though. 

Edited by Ikon

In addition we should be having defences on the ropes knowing that if they foul ASM or Willock  or Fraser or put out for a corner then Trippier is on the set pieces.

this injury means that teams can continue to negate us through fouls etc

All I hope is that this little run has instilled enough confidence in the team to fight it out for the rest of the season.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable to say Trippier will still more than earn his salary solely with his presence. He must be a big reason for the culture shift and he can continue that even if he can't do it from the pitch. 

Yeah I mean the message from Howe has to be positive. Also, we as fans can’t allow ourselves to lose our shit because he’s injured. We need others to step up, and keep the momentum going.

Let's hope it's not his metatarsal based on how it ended for our last England international who broke his :lol: 

It's obviously a big blow, but it's not to the extent where I belive it will sway one way or the other in terms of staying up.

Edited by Conjo

May have been first half because he was saying something to the bench right before kick off of the second half and I thought it looked like he was saying something like ‘give me a bit of time’ as in to see how it went. 

Just now, astraguy said:

Can anyone pinpoint to when it happened? i presumed he pulled up due to a pulled muscle from the previous injury 

Exactly what i thought, assumed he'd aggrevated the injury we were all worried about pre-kick off. 

1 minute ago, astraguy said:

Can anyone pinpoint to when it happened? i presumed he pulled up due to a pulled muscle from the previous injury 

No idea, was very early in the 2nd half and he indicated straight away that he needed to come off, we all assumed it was from the Everton game and he’d stiffened up during HT.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

but it's not to the extent where I belive it will sway one way or the other in terms of staying up.

Not sure how you can think that given his impact in just a few games. 

Massive worry imo. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Not sure how you can think that given his impact in just a few games. 

Massive worry imo. 

Because we still have more quality in the dugout and on the pitch than the three teams below us.