Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

hope he stays and regains form.. the trips of 12 month or so back who dictated play up that side of field and cut balls in constantly .. was when we were at our best 

56 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

People suggesting Krafth and Trippier are in some way equivalent?!? Put down your crack pipes.

Krafth is fine, Trippier is elite.

Let’s be honest. Tripps hasn’t been in elite form for a while now..

Think if Trippier leaves and we sign a new RW we might see a bit of Murphy at RB as well as Krafth.

Think if Murphy is to stick around another few years it'll be as someone who can play multiple positions and do a half decent job, hard to keep him around too much longer as just a wing option.

Unless we’re getting a fee that helps us this window to sign someone else then I don’t see any reason to sell him. 

id still start him over Livra if both are fit and on form. 

Edited by Kanji

Tripps offers a lot of maturity on the ball, helps retain possession, and allows other players to find space. 

Thought we really missed that in the early stages of Saturdays game (before the daft sending off), as much as I am excited by Livramento. 

4 minutes ago, Bellars said:

Tripps offers a lot of maturity on the ball, helps retain possession, and allows other players to find space. 

Thought we really missed that in the early stages of Saturdays game (before the daft sending off), as much as I am excited by Livramento. 

Surely a big miss, especially our RW is now either Almiron or Murphy who aren’t good enough

that said, I really not sure Trippier would be able to improve it now. Since his marriage problem broke out his form is outrageously bad. 

3 hours ago, Zero said:

Surely a big miss, especially our RW is now either Almiron or Murphy who aren’t good enough

that said, I really not sure Trippier would be able to improve it now. Since his marriage problem broke out his form is outrageously bad. 

Agreed, paired with his form as well - I’ve always said as a club we don’t sell well enough as nobody wants our players then when we do find someone the fans go into meltdown about it. We need to get better at cashing in when we can and tripps,  miggy - sorry but for me their time to go is now.

He makes a huge difference on the right side in an attacking sense particularly when you have Miggy or Murphy playing ahead. That being said I think Tonali will make a big difference to that right side when he eventually comes in in terms of creativity. I don’t want Trippier to go but if it also helps bring in a new RW I’m happy with that. I think Livramento will push on as a starter and offers different qualities (speed, very direct in attack) and Krafth is a decent back up. It seems from reports that Trippier will probably leave this window, he’s been an immense signing but I’m ok with him going, as I said particularly if it frees up a bit of room for say a new RW arrival if things are very tight assuming Guehi comes in.

I'm OK with him going as well, if that's what he wants. Would still start for me, mind, so there is that. 

Some of the patter on here about him is lifting like. 

Despite his woes blokes spent the summer getting hid National team into a major final whilst playing out of position. 😳

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I'm OK with him going as well, if that's what he wants. Would still start for me, mind, so there is that. 

Some of the patter on here about him is lifting like. 

Despite his woes blokes spent the summer getting hid National team into a major final whilst playing out of position. 😳

Yeah I’ve seen some “he’s bang average now” comments banded about in general on social media which is farcical. Seems like a move away/fresh start might help his general social situation too.

Whatever happens with tripps going forward, he has been immense for us, if he leaves then all the best to the lad.

He will be a miss no doubt, livra is a good player, maybe backup player becomes a concern, however kraft has done OK when called upon.

Hopefully the drop in form was due to personal issues and we don't have to write him off just yet.

If he's got his head straight and gets back to his best (10 assists in 28 games last season :snod:) then might buy us another season without the RW upgrade - Almiron/Murphy allows him to get up the pitch more.

I love Tino, but there'll be plenty of game time to share between them I'm sure.

18 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Ashby needs a chance to get some minutes before we can make any judgememt but on the surface he’s miles off Trippier

He’s about as much of a replacement for Trippier as Paul Dalglish was for Shearer. 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I know he had his a few defensive lapses last season, but we'll miss him going forward too. He's been instrumental in our attack for a while.

Agreed. My hope is the return of Sandro should lift quality of delivery on that side. Signing of a Madueke alongside Sandro could supercharge it.

He's one of the few players who has on-field management skills. Not just when he has the ball, but off the ball. Organises other people well. 

Edited by OCK

I think the way the team is shaping up, I think we’re more likely to be progressing from the wings in terms of carrying the ball. I also think we’re likely to shift to threatening down the left too. Tripps is elite on his day and I agree with the poster that said we missed his control and game management, but I think Hall will eventually do what KT has done except down the left.

Didn't Ashby stink up the place at Swansea? I'd be surprised if he's not loaned out/sold in the near future

Edited by Menace

18 minutes ago, Menace said:

Didn't Ashby stink up the place at Swansea? I'd be surprised if he's not loaned out/sold in the near future

Don’t think he was that bad. Seemed to do OK, but no better. Obviously injuries ruined it ultimately.