Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

I absolutely wouldn't let him go out on loan. I'd be tempted to sell if the right offer came in. I'd rather keep him, given the summer we've had.

One of the harshest Trips critics on here, and it makes no sense whatsoever to sell him at this point. Beginning of the window when we still had time to move? Sure. Now, how could we stomach it? We are a Livramento injury away from another crisis at that point.

On 29/08/2024 at 00:44, duo said:

Thought it was harsh Tripps having to handover the Captains armband to Bruno when he came on. Tripps is a leader and has been an outstanding captain.

He’s spent the last few months trying to leave the club.

EH is very big on squad vibes, he often talks about how it should be protected at all costs. Tripps has spent the last few months trying to leave. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he lets him go.

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

EH is very big on squad vibes, he often talks about how it should be protected at all costs. Tripps has spent the last few months trying to leave. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he lets him go.

I really don't think Trippier staying is going to cause bad vibes, Trippier isn't a dick.

Just now, frankpingel said:

It's, obviously, a possibility that he leaves but bloody hell he's still a vital player in our squad. 

With Ashby out on lone, I'd be surprised if we let him leave (unless he insists).

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's far too much noise around this to just dismiss it outright. Would be suicidal to allow it to happen though.

A Tino injury from giving up the season unless they’ve been repurposing Tonaldo out of sight.

22 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Also Eddie is extremely loyal to this players and from what we’ve seen is very hesitant to sell, so if he lets Trips go at this point then you know he thinks it just has to happen.

Why would he go to Turkey though?

Saudi for the money fair enough

Or everton to be closer to his kids (rumours )

Doesn't make sense Why he'd be desperate to leave to go to Turkey?

On 01/09/2024 at 21:07, Kid Icarus said:

We absolutely cannot afford to lose Tripps like, it's bad enough as it is in other areas without losing any right back, let alone one of his quality, and a huge leader for us. 

Then on flip side, people will be moaning we can’t make moves in the market because we’ve got a £120k pw cheerleader. 

Get he’s a leader, but with Schar, Bruno, Joelinton etc. you like to think there’s enough leaders in that dressing room to take club forward.

32 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Then on flip side, people will be moaning we can’t make moves in the market because we’ve got a £120k pw cheerleader. 

Get he’s a leader, but with Schar, Bruno, Joelinton etc. you like to think there’s enough leaders in that dressing room to take club forward.

Not buying that. While I will say an unhappy leader isn't really a leader, he adds a helluva lot to the squad and he IS a leader of men and given the fact it would be way too thin at RB he'd be here until January minimum.

52 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

It's not even that, who steps in if Livramento gets crocked? Plus he showed the other night he's still got it when he came on as a sub, he's still got a lot to offer as a player and a leader, vocal and experienced.