Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

7 hours ago, lovejoy said:

His mrs has 100% left him, moved to Manchester with the kids.

Trippier still wants out, his saudi move died when Staveley left but he's up for going literally anywhere as long as its on a longer deal than he has now.

Why would Staveley leaving kill that deal ?

1 hour ago, SteV said:

The kids go to school in Cheadle Hulme now. 

Early-ish in the summer I knew about their kids not signing up for 24/25 at their Newcastle school 

And I suspect the family have been trying to hide what’s really been going on with their split, the same “nothing to see here, everything’s fine” story has been dished out to a few people who are connected to them 

Which is what couples who are splitting up often do 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Most said it was nowhere near the £12m being thrown about. I think the first bid was something like £3m.

Edit: The first bid was actually to take him on loan. Shithouses.

Periodically I post again on here that a week or two after the deal was killed off, an authoritative looking article came out - I forget if it was the Athletic or Craig Hope - saying their first offer was a loan, their second offer was £2m and their last offer was £6m, not the £12m+ widely first reported. Which was an insulting collection of bids.

Hi David, welcome back with your endless negativity.

You'd be mental to want shot of Trippier, he brings so much to our shape and mentality, I'd lock  him down in a coaching position, he has so much to give. ( But if ge is desperate for first team action I wouldn't stand in his way of a move )

I thought he was excellent today. We are noticeably more balanced and our right side looked more dangerous than it did all season 2nd half with him and Tonali comfortable on the ball.

Rare part of the pitch where we have 2 quality players competing for one spot currently. 

On 26/09/2024 at 04:10, lovejoy said:

No idea tbh.

Do you think he’d stay if he got a longer deal here? 

I mean, he’s so freaking crucial to this side and he has so much more to give to the rest of this squad in terms of his on-pitch leadership and what should be continued mentoring of Hall and Livramento. 

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Thought he was generally good apart from the goal and the useless corners. 

Think someone said he actually made the tackle but the ricochet went straight into Greal’s path. Also, Murphy beat Gviardiol a few times (didn’t lead to a goal). Jack is going to win a take on or two against most defenders in the league. 

In any case he’s on a different planet to Tino in terms of his offensive game, he’s constantly getting into the right places and making greats forward runs. 

Really sad to hear what’s happened to his family life and maybe he just wants to leave Newcastle because its got bad memories attached to it now, but I for sure understand why his form fell off a fucking cliff if all the talk is indeed true. 

41 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Had to replace one midway through the game and it was a different colour, is all.

One is Puma and one is Adidas? Would feel a bit weird I would have thought. Always slightly different sizes, shape and weight. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

One is Puma and one is Adidas? Would feel a bit weird I would have thought. Always slightly different sizes, shape and weight. 

They brought out a matching pair, but he wasn't that bothered, just stuck one on and jwanted to get on with it. I was dead chuffed he was so keen to just get playing.

Was also really pleased to see him hollering at the defence and passing up front. Felt like he was really up for it, in fact it felt like they all were.

9 minutes ago, Abacus said:

They brought out a matching pair, but he wasn't that bothered, just stuck one on and jwanted to get on with it. I was dead chuffed he was so keen to just get playing.

Was also really pleased to see him hollering at the defence and passing up front. Felt like he was really up for it, in fact it felt like they all were.

He had his work cut-out telling Fabian schar to keep his head. Multiple times he told him to focus and stop getting embroiled.

Still a leader without the captaincy.

Reckon his deal with Adidas has ended, as he's been wearing Puma in recent weeks.

We've got quite a few Adidas lads in our team. Bruno, Gordon, Big Joe, Isak, Longstaff, Miley, Murphy and Barnes. Probably a few more as well.

Grealish’s bad first touch probably made Trippier dive in to win it rather than stand off as he had been doing, the tackle then ricochets back to Grealish. Probably a case of being unlucky and also a bit too slow to react to the bad touch.

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Bad mistake leading to a goal.  When you commit 100% like that you need to get the ball or get the man.  

Otherwise he was decent defensively I thought. Still don’t like him 1v1 against a good winger but he did ok. 

The business going forward.  

Overall though I thought he played well yesterday - defo more himself

11 minutes ago, KDT said:

Grealish’s bad first touch probably made Trippier dive in to win it rather than stand off as he had been doing, the tackle then ricochets back to Grealish. Probably a case of being unlucky and also a bit too slow to react to the bad touch.

Yep. Looks a horrendous error on first viewing and perhaps it is still a bit rash to dive in like that 1v1. But the replay shows he gets the ball and then Grealish is fortunate with it deflecting right back into his path. 

Unlucky as well as a bit too aggressive in that situation.