Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Those aren't necessarily bad decisions, just poorly executed. The best teams try to play out from the back, looks to me that's what he's been trying to do, just not physically or mentally sharp enough to do it effectively. I doubt it's got anything to do with age or any deteriation is skill tbh.

Exactly, he’s 33 not 43! It will be an off the pitch issue or possibly an injury that is causing the issue(s). I agree that he should be rested / carefully managed, but he’s in no way finished. 

His head is gone. That Everton game really did a number on him mentally.

It's now 3 direct errors leading to a goal across his last 4 appearances. And Son had the beating of him twice for two of the goals vs Spurs.

He's been overplayed due to injuries. Burn is back now. Howe has to rotate him more. Trust Hall/Murphy to play more minutes at LB.

Still, 8 assists this season. He just needs to get over this slump.

What's the rumours about the family issues? Something definitely not right with him mentally, and I don't think it's got anything to do with how many games he's played personally.

Hopefully Liv - Lascelles - Botman - Burn on Saturday.

6 hours ago, Karjala said:

What's the rumours about the family issues? Something definitely not right with him mentally, and I don't think it's got anything to do with how many games he's played personally.

Hopefully Liv - Lascelles - Botman - Burn on Saturday.

Edited by 1892er

5 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

He does look very troubled to me. When he walked up to take the penalty he looked like he was going to burst into tears. 

Could that not just be down to knowing he's costing us vital points or a cup win down to errors in the last 2-3 games? It's bound to affect your confidence stepping up to take a pen.

Confidence is a big part of football. I don’t know and it’s non of my business if he is having personal issues. But he has more than enough credit with me for him to be rested until he’s over whatever seems to be eating him up.

the problem is I dont think that is in the mentality of him or Howe.

as soon as he stepped up his face said he was fucked for that penalty. It then felt like an eternity from the whistle to him moving.

From where we have been over the last 10 years, I actually find it hard to get worked up when we lose. I’m just so glad we are competing and losing by small margins or knowing blips are always followed up with effort.

I just hope the lad is ok and gets back to himself off and on the pitch. 

I’ve heard one very strong rumour about his person life (as have a few others I’m sure) and you can make your own guesses about what that involves but have no idea whether that’s true at all though. 

Hopefully the lad gets sorted though ?

Edited by ExiledGeordie

8 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I’ve heard one very strong rumour about his person life (as have a few others I’m sure) and you can make your own guesses about what that involves but have no idea whether that’s true at all though. 

Hopefully the lad gets sorted though ?

Completely pathetic and worthless thing to post. 

Just now, Miercoles said:

As bad as that error was, somebody could have helped him out and told him to leave it. There was nobody in behind and the ball was headed out of play.

he's usually good in situations like that. 

has a quick look behind him before he makes a decision.

Not giving him any excuses but part of it is down to the want and desire to play it out of the back from teams in general now gone are the days where many defenders want to just knock it into row Z which we have benefited from mistakes like this greatly this season and last. Headers I feel are hard to predict with great accuracy where they are going to go due to the risk of not interpreting the speed and power of the incoming ball and the fact your head isn't a perfect shape it can graze or come off anywhere, I know heading is an art form but can at least see how was trying to get it back to the keeper. 

Hindsight he stabs it over the line for a corner and we try and defend that instead., I hope its just bad luck and not something we need to worry about longer term he has been mr reliable for so long. 

18 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

As bad as that error was, somebody could have helped him out and told him to leave it. There was nobody in behind and the ball was headed out of play.

There was a part of me at the time thought Dubravka should have come out and claimed it. 

14 hours ago, Jordan said:

If you’re being harsh, he’s been directly at fault for 6 of the last 10 goals we’ve conceded. I don’t think he should be starting Saturday when Livramento is playing well and Tripps isn’t. 

Something’s going on with him away from football as his head doesn’t seem with it. 

Its not just the last few weeks. Many have said for a few months now like that his set pieces have also been poor by his standard.

26 minutes ago, Jordan said:

There was a part of me at the time thought Dubravka should have come out and claimed it. 

He certainly has to come out as soon as Trips heads it down.

It's all easy to say in hindsight though. Really the issue is that we started trying to clear it anywhere and see the game out at like 60 minutes, that's always going to be a shit show.

Edited by Miercoles