Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

I’m fairly convinced his mid season blip was fully down to whatever drama was happening at home.. those leaked shots of him in bed that some lass took that we all thought were photoshopped.. am guessing they weren’t?

Great player, been a great captain too when focussed.. but he’s a bit of a twat and maybe not the role model a captain of the club should be at present.

It felt that last season we were moving on from that almost total dependence on his leadership skills.. Dan Burn in particular stepping up to the plate. And maybe just the smallest hint of a bit of a disconnect between Trippier and the club.

Maybe it’s nothing a bit of a break and coming back to a new preseason can’t resolve but if it’s going to be an ongoing issue, it might suit both parties to move on.

25 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m fairly convinced his mid season blip was fully down to whatever drama was happening at home.. those leaked shots of him in bed that some lass took that we all thought were photoshopped.. am guessing they weren’t?

Great player, been a great captain too when focussed.. but he’s a bit of a twat and maybe not the role model a captain of the club should be at present.

It felt that last season we were moving on from that almost total dependence on his leadership skills.. Dan Burn in particular stepping up to the plate. And maybe just the smallest hint of a bit of a disconnect between Trippier and the club.

Maybe it’s nothing a bit of a break and coming back to a new preseason can’t resolve but if it’s going to be an ongoing issue, it might suit both parties to move on.

This is complete tosh, there’s no proof for anything you’re saying and you’re adding 2 and 2 and getting 34 

7 hours ago, tgarve said:

This is complete tosh, there’s no proof for anything you’re saying and you’re adding 2 and 2 and getting 34 

Playing out of his skin, creating assist after assist.

Photos appear on internet of him asleep in some woman’s bed.

Form goes out the window. Starts making terrible mistakes that directly lead to goals.

He wanted away in January, no club lobs an official bid in for a player without having encouragement from a players agent.

Dan Burn takes on more of a captains role within the squad.

I don’t see how that’s adding 2+2 to get 34.. it’s fairly clear what’s happened.

9 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Playing out of his skin, creating assist after assist.

Photos appear on internet of him asleep in some woman’s bed.

Form goes out the window. Starts making terrible mistakes that directly lead to goals.

He wanted away in January, no club lobs an official bid in for a player without having encouragement from a players agent.

Dan Burn takes on more of a captains role within the squad.

I don’t see how that’s adding 2+2 to get 34.. it’s fairly clear what’s happened.

Fair bit of ‘gap filling’ still. (No I don’t mean Kieran 😉). 

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

those leaked shots of him in bed that some lass took that we all thought were photoshopped

Did we? Seemed plain as day to me. Still reckon he’s off this summer and most likely KSA. You don’t need to go to Dubai to recover from an injury.

20 minutes ago, 80 said:

They weren't saying that? Oh they definitely were.

Don't really want to say anything more but I've been told the alleged incident did take place, even if the photo's may or may not have been photo shopped. But let's not go into this. 

1 minute ago, 500bhp said:

Don't really want to say anything more but I've been told the alleged incident did take place, even if the photo's may or may not have been photo shopped. But let's not go into this. 

Misunderstood you sorry :thup:

I'm not an expert but they didn't look like a quick fake to me, I have to say...

7 hours ago, 500bhp said:

“Don’t really want to say anything… .”

“…let’s not go into this. 

Why comment “They weren’t” in the first place then? 

Nobody is teasing a contribution from you. It comes across as someone either bursting with some juicy gossip/hearsay and/or a load of shit. Eitherway, not timely, relevant or respectful.

He'll be a big loss even if it's ultimately the best thing to do. Even the likes of Gordon refer to Trippier when talking about his improved performances. He's clearly been an absolutely integral part of the dressing room since the moment he arrived. Will be with a properly heavy heart to see him go.

TeamTalk putting a horrible angle on it thought (as they have with us on a few stories last few days, trying to push the Isak to Chelsea etc) - saying things like "Newcastle are desperate to move on Tripper to Ac Milan, the Newcastle star is one of several players getting stick for his performances".  Not mentioning he's playing out of position.

Be very sad to see him go but it is what it is, same as we need to sign players whose stock is on the rise, we also need to sell players of any real value before their stock regresses, in an ideal world we could hold onto him until he retires