Sven Botman

The Prophet

He looks quality, still young so going to get better. He pinged some lush cross field passes, it was effortless 

There were a few runs Isak wanted to make off the last defender and Botman didn't see it, no doubt it's something Howe will work on as I can see Botman ball over the top for Isak to run on to becoming a feature

Shite yesterday according to that stat bomb bloke

Don't wanna be a footballing dinosaur but shit like this bores the tits off me. See more and more of it every week as well.

Then again am just an average joe who goes to the match and says what I see

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Don't wanna be a footballing dinosaur but shit like this bores the tits off me. See more and more of it every week as well.

Positive and negative stat attacks always best taken with a heavy pinch of salt. It’s not the numbers but their interpretation/use.
‘Patter-peddlars’ (paid and unpaid) often use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamppost: for support not illumination. 

10 minutes ago, jack j said:

Comes across as a charlatan to me, same as that Sanjay fella. Superficial stats and player analytics devoid of any real feeling for context. 

Kev and Sanjay are great at what they do, but it's up to the reader to choose how much weight they put in that kind of analysis. I really like the latter as he's great at identifying patterns of play and backing them up with footage.

The club use Statsbomb for what it's worth.

Edited by The Prophet

Defender loses take on and loses header in the air shocker. Yet watching the game you’re seeing a 22 year old CB adapt to the PL with timely interceptions, tackles, clearances, nearly assist / nearly score and distribute the ball intelligently. 

I love the stats comparisons and analysis at times but you can’t judge someone on one game and say “shows inexperience” — in what world is inexperience judged on headers and take ons?

In context, he challenging the other person's stats. Index says Botman didn't lose an aerial, and Statsbomb Kev says that he did according to their data. It shouldn't be surprising for a stats provider to challenge someone else's stats to suggest his own employer's are superior.

According to stats, Chris Wood has won a ton of aerials for us, but very little has come from them.