Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

That cross that he just let bounce away [emoji38]

Thought he looked a bit wooden at times.  Not the dominant display I hoped for.

If you’re expecting a dominant display from a CB against Man City then you’ll be waiting a long time.

Lad is 22 and is only going to get better. Looked solid, some great and some bad but thats to be expected. Always seemed to be looking for the worldie ball over the top, which will come in very handy vs weaker teams. Just happy with have 3 top class CB's.

Shocking decision to go out and cover Haaland for Bernardo's goal from De Bruynes pass. Now he'll know, though, good learning experience that so not too mad. Got a little deflection too but still doesmt get a pass for stepping out. He did do well generally though, great to see him looking up and forward for passes. Got high hopes already.

11 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Only 22, second game in the prem against one of the best sides in the world!  Give him a break...

It's hardly unfair to point out he had a few shaky moments, thought he did well in a game of such intensity. he could easily have fell to pieces but he didn't. I think he'll improve, but I've no problem with giving him more time to settle in. Time I think he would have got, but for Targett's injury.

I think he's had some wobbles and looked nervous and that has justified Howe's intention to edge him into the side. But he's not been bad at all against the ultimate test so it bodes incredibly well. Youngest player in the team, don't forget. 

You always hope for a Woodgate-esque home debut, but that’s a massive ask.  Thought Botman looked ok-ish today; he needs to get used to the pace and reduced available reaction-time in games.  He’s a baby in CB years, I’ve no doubt he’ll learn and get better and better 

Just now, Yorkie said:

I think he's had some wobbles and looked nervous and that has justified Howe's intention to edge him into the side. But he's not been bad at all against the ultimate test so it bodes incredibly well. Youngest player in the team, don't forget. 

Playing the best team in the world as I see it.

Every single player had a few shaky moments against Man City. It's hardly criticism to point out, though a bit weird if Botmans thread is the only place people have made the comment to single him out.

He'll be immense for us.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You always hope for a Woodgate-esque home debut, but that’s a massive ask.  Thought Botman looked ok-ish today; he needs to get used to the pace and reduced available reaction-time in games.  He’s a baby in CB years, I’ve no doubt he’ll learn and get better and better 

Didn’t Woodgate play in the 2-6 vs Man Utd?

People expect defenders to be 100% all the time, seem to forget mighty City defenders got done for pace and skill by maxi and Wilson today, particularly for the second goal. 

To be clear, Botman stepped out to cover Haaland while their right winger cut in and beat the left back on a worldie pass by the best attacking mid in the world.