Sven Botman

The Prophet

Just now, The Prophet said:

I get the feeling this could be a deadline day revival job.

I don't think we can risk it - either throw in a daft offer orĀ move onto other targets.Ā  Trippier was a great start but we are 10 days into the transfer window and momentum seems to have stalled.Ā  Watford have strengthened more than us so far this window.

3 minutes ago, duo said:

I don't think we can risk it - either throw in a daft offer orĀ move onto other targets.Ā  Trippier was a great start but we are 10 days into the transfer window and momentum seems to have stalled.Ā  Watford have strengthened more than us so far this window.

Ā 

I can't say I know much about Kamara, but Samir isn't anyone to worry about.

17 minutes ago, duo said:

1 of their signings was from Udinese

10 hours ago, duo said:

Ā 

I would imagine he's our top target for a reason. If we can get him in on deadline day then we'll do it, if not then in the summer.Ā 

Ā 

In the meantime of course we'll have to sign someone else for the short term, maybe a loan. Nat Phillips would be great if we can get him from Liverpool.Ā 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Ā 

I would imagine he's our top target for a reason. If we can get him in on deadline day then we'll do it, if not then in the summer.Ā 

Ā 

In the meantime of course we'll have to sign someone else for the short term, maybe a loan. Nat Phillips would be great if we can get him from Liverpool.Ā 

Ā 

You think? I've only seen him a few times (given he never actually plays) and he looks like a defender that has pretty much zero pace. I don't see him being any better than Lascelles.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Ā 

You think? I've only seen him a few times (given he never actually plays) and he looks like a defender that has pretty much zero pace. I don't see him being any better than Lascelles.Ā 

Ā 

Read that Klopp was very happy with his performances when he's been called on, so I assumed he must be fairly solid, but again I suppose it depends who he's played against. This is the thing though, from what I've seen Tarkowski doesn't look like he's got pace either, can only assume he reads the game well and doesn't make gaffes on a regular basis, that alone would make them better than most of our CB's.Ā 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Ā 

Read that Klopp was very happy with his performances when he's been called on, so I assumed he must be fairly solid, but again I suppose it depends who he's played against. This is the thing though, from what I've seen Tarkowski doesn't look like he's got pace either, can only assume he reads the game well and doesn't make gaffes on a regular basis, that alone would make them better than most of our CB's.Ā 

Ā 

Yeah Tarkowski has looked extremely slow in his last couple of games, particularly the one against Leeds. He was absolutely awful.Ā 

Ā 

I'm still convinced that putting a good DM in front of Lascelles/FedeĀ and Schar will sort our defence out (ignoring the desperate need for a left back). I guess they're much harder to sign than centre backs though?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Ā 

Yeah Tarkowski has looked extremely slow in his last couple of games, particularly the one against Leeds. He was absolutely awful.Ā 

Ā 

I'm still convinced that putting a good DM in front of Lascelles/FedeĀ and Schar will sort our defence out (ignoring the desperate need for a left back). I guess they're much harder to sign than centre backs though?

Ā 

Some of the names bandied about on here as potential DM signings are coming to the end of their contract, Kessie comes to mind, but when you actually research a bit, you find there's CL clubs waiting to hook them in the summer. So I'm not sure there's much available in any position that's much of an upgrade tbh. Might be a case of fishing until something comes up at some point in the window.Ā 

20 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'd much prefer a DM and a CB, rather than 2 CBs, if that was the choice.

If we can stay in touching distance/get out of the relegation zone, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Botman/Digne sign in the final week of the window. Maybe with one of those elusive loan-with-option-to-buy-if-we-stay-up contracts that apparently exist. :lol:

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

If we can stay in touching distance/get out of the relegation zone, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Botman/Digne sign in the final week of the window. Maybe with one of those elusive loan-with-option-to-buy-if-we-stay-up contracts that apparently exist. :lol:

Digne got plane to villa today for medical though, think botman could still happen

Guest Biggsbond14
1 hour ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Digne got plane to villa today for medical though, think botman could still happen

Liverpool to Birmingham by plane? Taxi no trains šŸ˜‚