Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Annoying mostly as I feel like they must have given some indication that they had their price for us to have spent this much time and effort on him. As said before, seems they've just taken us for a ride for a laugh.

I know it won't help us for the next few games but depending on who else we manage to sign in the meantime, it could be worth heading back to them at the deadline to see if they'd be open to a last minute windfall before they have to wait until the summer.

27 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

They've got a good few very attractive assets to flog so they're not under pressure per say.

A bit like having a big credit card bill in January but you're due a whacking bonus from work in August.

They also have sold Ikone for £10-15m already in Jan too.

16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Nobody thinks this [emoji38]

Who are the amateurs? If you mean the club havent they stated that this window is not ideal? All you can do is contact multiple clubs and see who moves first. I would be negotiating with several acceptable players and for instance if we want 2 CBs then keep going until we have 2 in the bag. ie negotiate with several simultaneously.

Edited by OverThere

25 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They never did and made that clear at the beginning of the window.

I'm not entirely sure if they do or dont need to sell. We know they are 100M in debt. Maybe their bank will step in and tell them they need to reduce the O/D. Who knows.... this one may run on a while yet, but we may have our signings already completed by then.

59 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Romano saying we're already working on two other candidates though don't think that's particularly new.  

Romano literally knows fuck all. He pops up with his tweets after pretty much everyone else has already said the same thing. He's not ITK. Just another fucking wannabe.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Romano literally knows fuck all. He pops up with his tweets after pretty much everyone else has already said the same thing. He's not ITK. Just another fucking wannabe.

If there is literally one who knows everything it's Romano..

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

If there is literally one who knows everything it's Romano..

He does a great job of convincing people of that, absolutely. But his "news" breaks consistently a few mins or hours after other well known, genuine, journalists. He's an aggregator of news. He's not ITK.

Feels like obvious game-playing by Lille.

Said they weren't interested in selling, but then considered the offers made.

Plainly trying to jack up the price, but they'll get nothing like that amount in summer.

Like most, I'd never heard of him before, and still wouldn't be surprised if this reignites before the end of Jan.

Also not sure why 30m to start with for a 21 year old with that little experience and none in this league is described as some ludicrous lowball offer. Oh, that's right, it's the Baldy Man.

You can't blame us approaching them either, particularly if we've also been working on back up targets at the same time.

Order of priorities now for me is;

Striker

Full back

Midfielder

Central defender

Striker 2

Goalkeeper

Central defender 2 

And on and on and on...

Edited by Abacus

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Not disappointed that we're refusing to be made mugs of. Hopefully Carlos and the other guy from France are more attainable targets. 

Doesn't seem so, Carlos's club will be less keen to let him go now their other defender has got injured, and the French guy has actually got injured himself and had to be carried from the field. So looks like our top three options are probably out. 

24 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He does a great job of convincing people of that, absolutely. But his "news" breaks consistently a few mins or hours after other well known, genuine, journalists. He's an aggregator of news. He's not ITK.

Nah not having that. Said Digne was not joining. No chance he said. He may not be first on everything, but when he says something it is usual true. Has the number to all agents out there.

I like our approach of going for class players, but it will make this window more difficult.

We could hoover up cast offs and mercenaries who would be much better than the players we have, and we might well stay up. But that doesn’t seem to be the way they want to run things. 

Lille were always going to fuck us for payback over the Cabaye transfer. His release clause was not common knowledge and Carr was definitely up to shenanigans there. 4.5m?

We should take our medicine and pay a bit more than we would have been willing to spend. Make the figure undisclosed etc.

Don't think this one is over. No way the Saudis will appear like they couldn’t afford something 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Lille were always going to fuck us for payback over the Cabaye transfer. His release clause was not common knowledge and Carr was definitely up to shenanigans there. 4.5m?

We should take our medicine and pay a bit more than we would have been willing to spend. Make the figure undisclosed etc.

Don't think this one is over. No way the Saudis will appear like they couldn’t afford something 

Doubt they are bothered about that :lol:

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I like our approach of going for class players, but it will make this window more difficult.

We could hoover up cast offs and mercenaries who would be much better than the players we have, and we might well stay up. But that doesn’t seem to be the way they want to run things. 

Agree, was a bit worried with the talk of Chris Wood and Cantwell, but if they are supplementary signings, I'm fine with that. Really want us to pursue top class players first and foremost, ones who are ready to hit the ground running, and will be assets in the future as well. 

Just now, Mazzy said:

This could all be a gameplan by Lille, just saying he isn't going to raise the next bid! I don't think this is over just yet.

It better be over. Fuck wasting time we don’t have