Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Not to mention the fact that if he said the opposite, it probably wouldn't be the best negotiating tactic.

Sometimes journalists are working with the club when they comment on stuff.

Can only be what's happening here..clearly trying to put out a message of ..don't take the piss.. to agents 

Disagree entirely in DM being priority this window.

Our deficiencies aren't creating chances, nor are they conceding bundles of chances. So with that I'd say we have a pretty decent control of games, in terms of possession and attacking territory. Which is light years from where we were under Bruce.

Our problems are at either end of the pitch. When we do concede chances they are normally fatal because they arise from defenders making howlers. When do get the ball into decent areas up front we have to rely in Wilson (who was woefully our of form) or ASM who borders between genius and greediness.

We NEED a defender and a striker. Another defender, a left back and a centre midfielder should follow that.

24 minutes ago, STM said:

Disagree entirely in DM being priority this window.

Our deficiencies aren't creating chances, nor are they conceding bundles of chances. So with that I'd say we have a pretty decent control of games, in terms of possession and attacking territory. Which is light years from where we were under Bruce.

Our problems are at either end of the pitch. When we do concede chances they are normally fatal because they arise from defenders making howlers. When do get the ball into decent areas up front we have to rely in Wilson (who was woefully our of form) or ASM who borders between genius and greediness.

We NEED a defender and a striker. Another defender, a left back and a centre midfielder should follow that.

I couldn't disagree more, our biggest problem has been lack of control in midfield, that had led to pressure on the defence which has in part led to defensive howlers. In terms of possession we've only had more than the opposition in two of Howe's 8 PL matches:

Man U 31%

Man City 28%

Liverpool 26%

Leicester 53%

Burnley 48%

Norwich 31%

Arsenal 34%

Brentford 52%

Even in those two there's no way we could have been described as having decent control of the midfield.

Edited by Jackie Broon

A good CM is the heartbeat of the game. I said it before, but whether you loved him or hated him, you could never claim Tiote hid from the action. There's times you watch us now and you wonder if Longstaff, or Shelvey are even on the pitch. I know I had to check twice when Hendrick was starting. 

7 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I couldn't disagree more, our biggest problem has been lack of control in midfield, that had led to pressure on the defence which has in part led to defensive howlers. In terms of possession we've only had more than the opposition in two of Howe's 8 PL matches:

Man U 31%

Man City 28%

Liverpool 26%

Leicester 53%

Burnley 48%

Norwich 31%

Arsenal 34%

Brentford 52%

Even in those two there's no way we could have been described as having decent control of the midfield.

Norwich we had 10 men. Burnley is disappointing, I grant you, but we won. The rest are entirely expected. Let's see our possesion against Watford.

25 minutes ago, STM said:

Norwich we had 10 men. Burnley is disappointing, I grant you, but we won. The rest are entirely expected. Let's see our possesion against Watford.

We'd expect to have less possession against top 6 clubs, but 26-34% is appalling. Even in those games where we've had more possession than the opposition we've looked far from in control of the midfield. Even discounting the statistics I just can't see how you could get what you've said from watching our matches, our midfield has looked sloppy and weak as piss and the heart of our problems.

Edited by Jackie Broon