Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The Italian media saving face?

Or he just wants another club/clubs more than us. 

Edited by Ikon

We'll soon find out, but I wouldn't put too much stock into what the Italian media have to say.

He probably would prefer to move to Milan, but there's a difference between that and refusing to join another club.

Edited by The Prophet

The Botman and Ekitite sagas are boring me now like. Hope all our transfers are slid through the back doors and we don't hear fuck all about them til 2 hours before they've signed

Edited by jack j

If he doesn't want to come to NUFC then I'm happy for us to swerve, but I trust those making the decision. Character assessments are clearly a vital component of our recruitment process these days so I'm sure we'll do our due diligence. If it's a case of him preferring Milan but is still happy to come here (I mean actually happy, not Michael Owen happy, where he feels like we owe him something) in the event that move becomes impossible, then it's all gravy. 

I hope folks are prepared to just sit back and let things play out without getting too anxious. We've got extremely competent people running the show and policies geared towards improvement; not dimwits operating a cut-corners policy. There'll be no more examples of us signing players at the last minute to save on wages, a la Lejeune.

It does seem weird how all the Italian outlets are reporting that he wants to move to Milan, either they are being told fables from Milans side or they have an agenda against British clubs.

I'm 100% certain that our side will have done their research and won't be lying or without reason for being confident of getting him.

Like I said yesterday, it seems like he's given Milan a deadline and the deadline is coming to pass.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We'll soon find out, but I wouldn't put too much stock into what the Italian media have to say.

He probably would prefer to move to Milan, but there's a difference between that and refusing to join another club.

Exactly this. Especially La Repubblica who are well known for bullshiting. It is possible that he prefers Milan over Newcastle (underrstandable) but he's not going to refuse to sign for us if Milan can't afford him.

Also are people forgetting Botman was so ready to join us back in Jan he was liking transfer stuff on instagram about him moving to Newcastle. That's literally 1 step before handing in a transfer request. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Didn’t the man himself comfirm we were an interesting project in February? That was after a month of speculation that he'd agreed terms with us.

Yeah, he spoke favourably about us after the January window. No idea what's going on in fairness and none of us do

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Exactly this. Especially La Repubblica who are well known for bullshiting. It is possible that he prefers Milan over Newcastle (underrstandable) but he's not going to refuse to sign for us if Milan can't afford him.

Also are people forgetting Botman was so ready to join us back in Jan he was liking transfer stuff on instagram about him moving to Newcastle. That's literally 1 step before handing in a transfer request. 

Yeah and Staveley name checked him too right?

There's clearly a good relationship with Botman and us. That's why I call bullshit on the refusing to join us stuff.

He quite entitled to allow all parties state their intent before making a choice.

I'm under no illusions about him preferring Milan like, unsurprising really. 

If we do manage to force it through by using our financial weight, I hope he can settle once here because it does feel like he's not keen. 

"Lille are not appreciating the player’s behaviour. Due to the Dutchman’s refusal to join #NUFC after their bid was accepted by Lille"

I mean it all seems a bit fanciful like, given Lille went out of their way to keep the cunt 5 months ago.

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I'm under no illusions about him preferring Milan like, unsurprising really. 

If we do manage to force it through by using our financial weight, I hope he can settle once here because it does feel like he's not keen. 

Lille just needs to tell Milan they need to match our offer. If they do then Botman's agent needs to tell Milan to match the wages. Milan can say fuck it any time they want or just match the offer and get the player. That really should be the bottom line.

Also Milan's takeover won't be properly completed until September. There's no reason for them to be dragging their heels to match out bid, either they're negotiating with Lille or they aren't. They're hardly going to be like "ah give us a week to think about it mate, cheers"

16 minutes ago, STM said:

It does seem weird how all the Italian outlets are reporting that he wants to move to Milan, either they are being told fables from Milans side or they have an agenda against British clubs.

I feel like there’s a third, more-likely option here.

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If he doesn't want to come to NUFC then I'm happy for us to swerve, but I trust those making the decision. Character assessments are clearly a vital component of our recruitment process these days so I'm sure we'll do our due diligence. If it's a case of him preferring Milan but is still happy to come here (I mean actually happy, not Michael Owen happy, where he feels like we owe him something) in the event that move becomes impossible, then it's all gravy. 

I hope folks are prepared to just sit back and let things play out without getting too anxious. We've got extremely competent people running the show and policies geared towards improvement; not dimwits operating a cut-corners policy. There'll be no more examples of us signing players at the last minute to save on wages, a la Lejeune.

Came in to post exactly this basically.

I trust the current regime. If they think he does like the idea of coming here, he just prefers Milan, then we'll make the move. If he is essentially being forced to come here, I trust them to understand that and move on to another target.

If he was so desperate to join Milan over us, he wouldn't be setting a deadline (which he is, according to some reports), he'd just wait until there is absolutely no time for Milan to get their shit together.

18 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm 100% certain that our side will have done their research and won't be lying or without reason for being confident of getting him.

Like I said yesterday, it seems like he's given Milan a deadline and the deadline is coming to pass.

Tbf, he probably would prefer a move to Milan, can't really blame him for that, but I think he'll also happily come here if the move to Italy doesn't come through. Italian media are probably a bit put out that their biggest club can't afford him so they are making a big deal about how much he wants to go there.

Botman would be a great signing, but if he does end up at Milan, I'm sure we have someone equally as good lined up so no stress really.

The only tiring aspect is the faux updates. There's only a handful of reliable news sources out there, so the best approach is to not take too much at face value.

Just because AC Milan has a bigger pull than us right now doesn't mean we should believe every word coming from shite Italian Journalists with an agenda. 

As people have said it is very possible Botman prefers moving to Milan over Newcastle, however it is also a possibility that he would prefer to join Newcastle during these exciting times.

We don't really know what is going on behind the scenes in these negotiations and all these "journalists" love to use that to their advantage for farming clicks.

5 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

I get the feeling the Italian journos hate the thought of little old newcastle beating their champs to a signing .

I think this is what many of us fans think. I don’t think it’s the case though. We choose what we want to believe and not I guess. Italian media is usually crap, but so is the English. Having said that, it seems like Botman prefers Milan when looking at it trying to be unbiased. So I think it’s odd to say that the Italian media do this because they can’t handle little old Newcastle beating them. They might very well be saying the truth when they say Botman prefers them. Should take most sources with a massive pinch of salt tbh. 

Edited by Ikon