Sven Botman

The Prophet

6 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Sven playing us like the piper it seems, not bothered either way if he comes, just move onto the next target. Compare him to say Targett for example who seems desperate to move here and we already know how good he is, nobody can say the same about Botman.

Exactly, it’s low how he played us - they don’t call him sven bottamman for nothing.

I think its likely we get him at this point purely because we can probably make Lille a better offer than Milan can, they will surely hold out for the most money. 

Reading between the lines.

We've offered Lille more money and we've offered Botman a higher wage.

Milan, have insisted to Botmans camp that they are interested and are trying to do a deal with Lille. However Milan simply can't match the fee or promise the wages.

Botman and his team have been waiting to see if Milan can stump up for him, as he'd naturally be keen to talk to them.

However, Botman has told us that he will join us and had told us that in january, but is giving Milan extra time to see if they can come up with something

Milan have ran out of time.

BTW, I don't blame him one bit for holding out for Milan but I suspect Milan are actually looking for a cheap deal. 

I can see a scenario where Botman would take a lower wage to play for Milan.

The problem is, every time Milan get close to agreeing a fee, we will just better their transfer offer, whether that be in the structure or the final fee.

We could probably out muscle their agents fees too. It can't be under estimated how much influence Botmans representatives have on the deal too. If we have offered them a fair wedge to get the deal done, he won't be going to Milan.

Part of it with Milan is that CB isn't the priority it was previously with the way Kululu has emerged. They still need a CB, because Romagnoli is probably going on a free, but it's not the major target it was when Kjaer first got injured.

They need a CM, RW and striker as a much greater priority and have a limited budget. So I think if they can't get a deal they will move onto another cheaper CB option. 

2 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Yep, he’s that slow - they don’t call him when Botman for nothing.

When he signs we be like “ yeah slow he may be, but fook me he compensates for it with his ability to read the game and his ball distribution ” :bluestar:

2 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

This has got a wiff of Boumsong about it. I think we should walk away.  We really need someone with pace and that doesn't seem to be him.

wut

2 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

This has got a wiff of Boumsong about it. I think we should walk away.  We really need someone with pace and that doesn't seem to be him.

Yeah it’s really similar to a panic buy in January.

to Michael Jackson Ben

Sven the toons in us won’t look no more

you will come and help keep down the score

sven we need you at the back

and help feed our attack

We don’t care on the fee

you just need to agree

Edited by Gawalls