Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Milanista said:

He's won... a final, playing 2 minutes. Maldini went to 8, won 5. Maldini is considered the greatest defender of all time, if not him, than another Milan legend, Baresi, Beckenbauer if you feel like being charitable to the Jerries.

Materazzi was carried to that world cup final on the back of a guy named Nesta, and Gattuso, another guy named Oddo, and Pirlo, and Inzaghi, not sure if you've heard of them, they all played for a club, the name escapes me though, where all those guys also won twice the CLs that Materazzi went to and went to triple the finals... If only I could remember the name... It'll come to me.

Enjoy Botman.

Now we’ve forgotten Fabio Cannavaro exists too :lol:

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He won 5 titles, 5 Coppa Italia’s and a Champions league. Your words were he’d won nothing of note at club level :lol:

I’m not shitting on Milan’s trophy cabinet, just feel I need to defend the Matrix against this outrageous slander. 

Was a plank at Everton, skewered our first game against Inter in the CL - probably costing us a CL QF, and seems a c*nt generally, so bollocks to him.

6 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He won 5 titles, 5 Coppa Italia’s and a Champions league. Your words were he’d won nothing of note at club level :lol:

I’m not shitting on Milan’s trophy cabinet, just feel I need to defend the Matrix against this outrageous slander. 

Well, many of his league titles were awarded by the courts. He also seldom played when Inter was winning things. It's not slander. He's not even in the top 20 of Italian CBs. I'm just asking you to refine your taste.

Also, Cannavaro isn't as highly regarded in Italy as he is outside of Italy. I'm a fan of his, actually, but he's widely seen as overrated in comparison to others.

1 minute ago, Milanista said:

Well, many of his league titles were awarded by the courts. He also seldom played when Inter was winning things. It's not slander. He's not even in the top 20 of Italian CBs. I'm just asking you to refine your taste.

Also, Cannavaro isn't as highly regarded in Italy as he is outside of Italy. I'm a fan of his, actually, but he's widely seen as overrated in comparison to others.

Who are your top 10 Italian CBs?

Also as others have said, hope you stick around. Really enjoy your posts.

Edited by Joey47

Footballing wise I wouldn’t say he was my first choice, but overall I think it’s the right choice. Especially when considering the mentality of the player. Seems to be a bit of a leader with the right attitude and winner instinct. These attributes cannot be underestimated. I’m sure someone like say Badiashile would have been class but Botman might have the very important mentality attributes that could mean that he’ll be the more consistent performer than many other options. Even if not quite as exciting maybe he’s still a very good player seemingly.

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Who are your top 10 Italian CBs?

Also as others have said, hope you stick around. Really enjoy your posts.

Pure CBs? Or does Maldini's ability to play CB (even when he was younger) before his transition into a CB in the last years of his career count?

5 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Owen went on a while

Kitson seemed like it did for a player from Derby

Ferdinand technically went from Boxing Day 92 to June 96.

Still remember the back page of the Daily Mirror after Kitson initially turned us down over wages (IIRC)...

"IT'S PAUL TWITSON!"  :lol: