Sven Botman

The Prophet

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Maybe if they gave him a surgery 2 months ago he would be fine now.[emoji38] Just kidding, I have no clue really. But seems strange that they still don't really know 2 months later..

They know, they just aren’t letting on. 

He just needs to not be jumping around/running/kicking a ball for a few months or he will need surgery. Probably did something to his ligament which will just heal naturally given some rest.

Don't need to be an expert on knees to come to that conclusion.

8 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Botman is class but Jamaal has done well. We have cover in defence so not been a disaster. Need midfielders and attackers to improve our bench.

Agreed. If Sven comes back then we’re a month away from having him and Burn back in the squad. With Tino’s emergence at LB and Krafth fit again I’d wait until the summer to bolster the defence.

That third striker looks a priority if we stay in Europe and the Carabao in the next three weeks plus trying to have a run in the FA Cup. Ekitike on loan or that lad from Stuttgart would be sensible.

Barnes and Murphy in the midfield should compensate for Willock to an extent. The emergence of Miley too is a huge bonus.

Edited by Nucasol

20 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

What’s the issue? His knee keeps swelling up. Well what would cause that? Might just have gout.

Torn or damaged meniscus, I get regular swelling and sometimes it can be become so enlarged that it throbs and it's difficult to pull my trousers on

18 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Torn or damaged meniscus, I get regular swelling and sometimes it can be become so enlarged that it throbs and it's difficult to pull my trousers on

I get regular swelling aswell, but it's never become so enlarged I can't get my trousers on. You lucky bastard!

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

Can you overcome that without surgery?

Sadly not. I'd spend hours on the sofa with my pants round my ankles using a bag of frozen peas to try and reduce the swelling. And I'd occasionally rub Tiger Balm on it to see if that helped.

But all I got was short term relief then it'd be bulbous again. So now I'm booked in for surgery

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Sadly not. I'd spend hours on the sofa with my pants round my ankles using a bag of frozen peas to try and reduce the swelling. And I'd occasionally rub Tiger Balm on it to see if that helped.

But all I got was short term relief then it'd be bulbous again. So now I'm booked in for surgery

Sure where still talking about your knee here Bobby ?

4 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Agreed. If Sven comes back then we’re a month away from having him and Burn back in the squad. With Tino’s emergence at LB and Krafth fit again I’d wait until the summer to bolster the defence.

That third striker looks a priority if we stay in Europe and the Carabao in the next three weeks plus trying to have a run in the FA Cup. Ekitike on loan or that lad from Stuttgart would be sensible.

Barnes and Murphy in the midfield should compensate for Willock to an extent. The emergence of Miley too is a huge bonus.

We have to get a 3rd striker. Vital.

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Often depends on age. Meniscus has a bad blood supply to it which gets worse the older you get. Given Botman is a young un, he may well be ok depending on how bad the tear is.

Edited by OverThere

58 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Often depends on age. Meniscus has a bad blood supply to it which gets worse the older you get. Given Botman is a young un, he may well be ok depending on how bad the tear is.

In my younger days it was mainly short term stiffness, these days it gets extremely swollen for no apparent reason and then takes weeks to go back down

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

In my younger days it was mainly short term stiffness, these days it gets extremely swollen for no apparent reason and then takes weeks to go back down

Sounds familiar