Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'd love it if it was actually Shaun Williamson who's rocked up instead of Botman and he's just playing the whole thing straight bat. Speaks to Howe, signs the paperwork, does the photos in St James and the interview on NUFCTV. "Yeah Im really happy to be here and I wish all the best to Lille. Janiiine!"

Currently touring clubs and venues down south doing "Barrioke" which is exactly what it sounds like, tenner a ticket. Would hope Mustang Sally gets an airing (with no microphone, he doesn't need one). That said if he brought it up north I'd definitely go :lol:

7 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

I'd be over the moon with top 7 mate but won't be surprised one bit if we better that.

This is the attitude to have. Target 8th, have ambition of 4th.

Yes, we might have rotten luck with injuries and come 10th. On the other hand, we might not.

Biggest challenge I see us having, which I don't see people talking about, is the fact we're now a known power. Teams will be happier playing for a draw against us where we could take advantage of them aiming for 3 points last season.

5 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Currently touring clubs and venues down south doing "Barrioke" which is exactly what it sounds like, tenner a ticket. Would hope Mustang Sally gets an airing (with no microphone, he doesn't need one). That said if he brought it up north I'd definitely go :lol:

So Sven are you hoping to play your way in to the world cup in Qatar?

"Yeah I'm not doing panto this year, so..."

My mood right now is like a toddler sitting in its high chair, smacking the tray, whilst waiting for its dinner. Fucking howay mother man. [emoji38]

Bet the kid who does the videos has had his finger hovering over the send button for hours waiting for big Danny A to give him the finger gun.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What on Earth? :lol:

Aye - weve got - as a minimum - the money earmarked for Ekitiki left for a forward.

Plus, a couple of squad fillers.

And possibly - similar Ekitiki/Bruno money for a RW

I don’t know how the idea that we can’t or won’t spend a lot has become so accepted. Load of chat, we’re rich. 

They’ll do it sensibly but they’re not going to miss out on important signings for the sake of money. 

I definitely think we have sold the "limited budget" narrative perfectly. It serves two purposes, firstly it plays down expectations should we have a tricky window and secondly, it gives us more leverage at the bargaining table.

If we start hoying notes about we are rumbled.

The last two weeks will be interesting, to see if we bring in 2 more top level signings or whether we do have a limited budget.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Feels like we’ve been waiting, one way it another, for stuff all day. Only thing, bar an anomaly in the medical, which springs to my (hopefully unnecessarily worrying…) worrying mind that may require a manager sit down talk, pre-signing, is some sort of guaranteed minutes/first choice conversation. Doubt that would be Howe’s kind of thing. 

Mate..

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I definitely think we have sold the "limited budget" narrative perfectly. It serves two purposes, firstly it plays down expectations should we have a tricky window and secondly, it gives us more leverage at the bargaining table.

If we start hoying notes about we are rumbled.

The last two weeks will be interesting, to see if we bring in 2 more top level signings or whether we do have a limited budget.

Thing is if we do splash the cash at the end of the window on a couple of big players then in the next window clubs will know the deal and just try and rinse us.