Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Commentator was saying he wasn't sure who'd start at CB against Forrest. No way Botman doesn't start, Burn or Schar next to him is the only question. 

Solid as anything and has ability at his feet to play the ball neatly and pick out longer passes easily.

Guest HTT II

I’ve said it before, he has this stoic, steely serious no nonsense type feel about him. He’d probably be a successful serial killer if he wasn’t a footballer. I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen of him thus far.

15 minutes ago, STM said:

Was this pass.

Damn, we really are a few signings off having this first team being very competent like.

The slick and confident passing falls over when Ritchie/Lacelles/Murphy get a touch unfortunately.

But I'm excited nonetheless as you can see what EH is trying to do and it's night and day in 8 months compared to Bruce's 2 years.

The fact that Eddie has Krafth, Richie and Lascelles at least competent in this sort of footbal is testament to his management.

Hoy Trippier, Schar and Fraser on and we are cooking on gas.

Actually think now that Botman and Lascelles will start the season.

I don’t think you would play two centre backs together if they haven’t been playing together pre season. Botman was partnered with Lascelles last two games.

add to that thatLascelles remains club captain and will therefore need games, with Forest being his first club.

I struggle to see why Lascelles would have been benched for a majority of Howe's tenure to come back in later down the line. I think we're more likely to see Schar-Burn than Botman-Lascalles. Hopefully it's Schar-Botman though.

Edited by The Prophet

5 minutes ago, James said:

Actually think now that Botman and Lascelles will start the season.

I don’t think you would play two centre backs together if they haven’t been playing together pre season. Botman was partnered with Lascelles last two games.

add to that thatLascelles remains club captain and will therefore need games, with Forest being his first club.

Your theory is spot on... you just have the wrong pair.

Burn and Schar will start the season and Botman will be eased in. I can't wait for the fume come Forest.

Don't think there is any significance in Botman partnering Lascelles other than to see what he is like as the dominant defender alongside someone who has a more glaring weakness than himself. Lascelles wasn't getting any real minutes the second half of last season, I don't think that changes when we've signed our main man in defence.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Burn and Schar will start the season and Botman will be eased in. I can't wait for the fume come Forest.

Agree with this

Won't surprise me further down the line if Botman and Burn play together as well

7 minutes ago, STM said:

I wouldn’t disagree with that. We definitely won’t see Schar or Burn alongside Botman against Forest.

Absolute waste if we're not pairing Schar and Botman. With them two at the back, Bruno in the anchor role, Joelinton constantly offering in the way he does and then Wilson's strength and balance up top, we've the potential to be able to dictate possession against anyone. Stick Lascelles in there and you lose an element of that control cos he just doesn't have the composure or technique on the ball. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Absolute waste if we're not pairing Schar and Botman. With them two at the back, Bruno in the anchor role, Joelinton constantly offering in the way he does and then Wilson's strength and balance up top, we've the potential to be able to dictate possession against anyone. Stick Lascelles in there and you lose an element of that control cos he just doesn't have the composure or technique on the ball. 

Agree.

I can understand the points for all parings (just about all pairings) but still think we’ll see Schar and Botman. I’d be curious to see (someone commented on it in here but can’t recall) how they line up in defensive drills in training. Such regular, and away from prying eyes, practice is the best indicator of preferred line up.