Sven Botman

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No surprise, fantasy to think he would be back sooner. Having worked with people with these injuries, I still think December is optimistic.

Especially optimistic when you factor in the Eddie ramp up period.

I always had it in mind that it would be 2025 and that too a couple of months in, anything sooner would be a bonus and a quick recovery 

Mings did his last August and hasn't quite returned yet, so anyone thinking Botman would be back soon was delusional 

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

I looked at Krafth and Livramento and they were both around the 350 days mark from injury to playing return. Perhaps Botman's wasn't a full rupture but December would still be exceptional quick for a return (based on that admittedly small sample). 

6 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Especially optimistic when you factor in the Eddie ramp up period.

Uh? Willock did 2 sub appearances after the hamstring, and then started the next one, one week after the first sub appearance. Soon after he did his achilles. After the achilles injury he had 1 sub appearance, and then he was starting the next one 3(!) days later. Didn't take long until he was out again. What "ramp up period"? Can you give me examples? And don't give me examples of players who probably wouldn't make the starting 11 anyways.

I'm sure he will take more time in this case since the injury lasted for nearly a year, but that's what any manager would do.

Edited by Erikse

February is just a logical time to come back. 

If we progress in FA Cup, 4th round game on 8th Feb feels a good date to earmark to not rush him back. Go out in 3rd Round, it’s the week before home to Fulham where we then have two weeks off.

Don’t want to be here in January after he’s injured from coming back too early and being “Shock, none of us didn’t see this coming”. 

For ACLs I always factor 1 whole year as a normal recovery.

I've pretty much discounted him being at 100% until next season. This season I hope he comes back and proves his fitness and gets towards 100% of his previous ability or more, But I won't overly judge his performance or his physical recovery until 25/26.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

For ACLs I always factor 1 whole year as a normal recovery.

I've pretty much discounted him being at 100% until next season. This season I hope he comes back and proves his fitness and gets towards 100% of his previous ability or more, But I won't overly judge his performance or his physical recovery until 25/26.

Same with Krafth. He’s more his old self this season after finishing last season on the back of his CL injury.

The club said 9 months at the start, they are still saying 9 months now, given that’s informed by the surgeon and medical staff 9 months and back to playing in December seems reasonable.

He may have a set back, or pick up a niggle, but it’s 5 and a half months in so they’ll know it’s progressing according to plan.