Sven Botman

The Prophet

Earlier today, Italian media were reporting it was €30 plus add ons, which seems like a good deal.

The fact that he's been our number one target since day one would make it a huge coup. Never mind the fact he's rated as one of Europe's best young defenders.

1 minute ago, Milanista said:

Lille really need money, so they are trying to drive up the price of Botman. It is probably them trying to create an auction. They even tried to rope Spurs and Man Utd in, where both clubs later told reporters that they weren't interested.

I think you could be right but if what you say about Milan’s approach to transfers Newcastle may well prevail but we’ll have to let this drag on whilst Lille fruitlessly wait for a counter offer. 

Thanks for you comprehensive answer earlier by the way and welcome to the site 👍🏼

Im another child of the football Italia years. Del Piero was my favourite non Newcastle player, managed to see him play at SJP. I’m also a bit of Materazzi superfan so yeah sorry about that :lol:

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I think you could be right but if what you say about Milan’s approach to transfers Newcastle may well prevail but we’ll have to let this drag on whilst Lille fruitlessly wait for a counter offer. 

Thanks for you comprehensive answer earlier by the way and welcome to the site 👍🏼

Im another child of the football Italia years. Del Piero was my favourite non Newcastle player, managed to see him play at SJP. I’m also a bit of Materazzi superfan so yeah sorry about that :lol:

Thank you for your kind words, you are too kind.

This makes me wonder if Newcastle's bid really isn't that much different than Milan's, unless Chelsea or someone else come in for him, I think it is pretty much between us two. There were these random rumors that PSG want him, but, I don't think they need a CB. I really think Lille is trying to make Milan and Newcastle raise their bids. Also, Milan are known to abandon transfer deals when they reach their max price, so I can see Lille trying to perhaps drive up Newcastle's price, thinking that "okay, well, if Milan withdraw their interest in Botman, then I can ensure that Newcastle pay me top dollar for him."

There are even rumors about the board at Lille debating when to account for the transfers for Botman and Renato Sanches, before or after July 1st, for financial reporting purposes.

In short, there are so many things going on, that most journalists don't really know, they just throw things out there, even if there is real truth to the interest from Newcastle and Milan.

Oh, and Del Piero is a class player, so I can't blame you there, he's a true gentleman. Unfortunately, I cannot agree with you on Materazzi, lol, he's known as "the butcher" on our side of Milan.

13 minutes ago, Milanista said:

Lille really need money, so they are trying to drive up the price of Botman. It is probably them trying to create an auction. They even tried to rope Spurs and Man Utd in, where both clubs later told reporters that they weren't interested.

PSG did that with us and Milan over George Weah in 95.

Our owner threatened to report them and I think that's why we got Ginola for so cheap.

Hi and welcome by the way. Another Football Italia fan from the 90s. Inter v Samp 90/91 my first game, a cracker and basically support the Italian national team (Italian in the family but this happened naturally), got more engaged in them than us under Ashley.

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

PSG did that with us and Milan over George Weah in 95.

Our owner threatened to report them and I think that's why we got Ginola for so cheap.

Hi and welcome by the way. Another Football Italia fan from the 90s. Inter v Samp 90/91 my first game, a cracker and basically support the Italian national team (Italian in the family but this happened naturally), got more engaged in them than us under Ashley.

Thankfully it seemed like both transfers worked out for us!

Thank you for your welcome, you are a very nice bunch.

5 minutes ago, Lotus said:

@Milanista Boban was the absolute Boss!

He was! Underrated player.

38 minutes ago, McCormick said:

There’s no way we’re offering that much imo (could be with with massive add-ons for Champion’s League qualification etc.).

You are forgetting one thing.....

SuXTDC.gif

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Same time every week with his negative vibes 🤣

Like someone said the other day he will wait til someone else breaks abit "bad " news then come out with something positive again

Proper contrary mary

He's presented both sides of the reporting, then said nothings imminent. Well given the player is on international duty that's not really a major suprise is it?

Almost as bad as Chris Waugh's pearl of wisdom this morning.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: 2005 CL final vs Milan made me a fan of this sport. 2005 season is when I picked this fucking club. 17.

Wow. I at least I got to see a couple of Robson years. #gloryhunterfail

Kudos.

Edited by gazza ladra

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

Also an important bit of data that he wasn't doing any of that stuff for relegation rivals Burnley any more; I reckon the deal was way more shithousery than is generally acknowledged but I'm not sure there's data on that

The only data Wood haters need to take note of is where we were in the league in December and where we ended up. 

I like AC Milan. Went and watched them in 1996 when George Weah with his red football boots was the only one who didn't wear black ones. Those were the days :love:

Edit: might have been mistaken, seems he did indeed wear black boots that day :(

Edited by Peppe