Diego Carlos

Nobody

Would have to be registered by tomorrow lunchtime, wouldn't he?  Given the hold up with the Trippier signing which I think was due to the way things are done in Spain, it doesn't really give us a lot of time to get him in for Watford.  He really needs to be at the airport now.

Not that bothered if we don't have a CB in for Watford... it would be very risky to throw a brand new player into the back four for a game of this magnitude anyway (especially if they don't have PL experience). If they'd signed someone at the start of the week, fine, but can't see us buying someone today / tomorrow and disrupting any back four/five we may have been training with all week.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Not that bothered if we don't have a CB in for Watford... it would be very risky to throw a brand new player into the back four for a game of this magnitude anyway (especially if they don't have PL experience). If they'd signed someone at the start of the week, fine, but can't see us buying someone today / tomorrow and disrupting any back four/five we may have been training with all week.

Well... I'd take two new CB's without PL experience for this game knowing the alternative is the hapless 'PL proven' Lascelles/Schar combo.

Just now, Milburn said:

Well... I'd take two new CB's without PL experience for this game knowing the alternative is the hapless 'PL proven' Lascelles/Schar combo.

I agree. If we were to sign this guy for £30m and somehow have him registered to play at the weekend, 100% would start him ahead of any one of our CB options. 

Sounds like this one is even more of a non-starter than Botman.

Out of the two, if we were going to blow them out of the water financially I’d like it to be Botman. Based on nothing other than age, potential to grow with us and the fact Carlos appears to be partial to an error.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Fail to see how it's remotely possible to get another player in and available for Watford. 

I think at this point we'll just be looking to get the best CB possible on our books during this window, the striker was more urgent for Watford, and we paid the premium to make that happen. Now we'll just work at the options we have bid for, and see which one bites. I think at 28, there's only so much money we'll throw at Carlos. 

1 hour ago, deejeck said:

Would have to be registered by tomorrow lunchtime, wouldn't he?  Given the hold up with the Trippier signing which I think was due to the way things are done in Spain, it doesn't really give us a lot of time to get him in for Watford.  He really needs to be at the airport now.

Has to be registered by noon today to be available for Watford so it clearly isnt happening!  At least we have Wood available!

1 minute ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Has to be registered by noon today to be available for Watford so it clearly isnt happening!  At least we have Wood available!

Arghhhhhh

its tomorrow :lol:

Edited by gdm

Only until noon today to register players so it's not looking promising. This combined with Wood only scoring 3 goals. It's embarrassing. At least Manquillo is back for Saturday so that we don't have to play Ritchie. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Only until noon today to register players so it's not looking promising. This combined with Wood only scoring 3 goals. It's embarrassing. At least Manquillo is back for Saturday so that we don't have to play Ritchie. 

See above! 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Manquillo is suspended. I'm not sure what's embarrassing though.

Just now, gdm said:

Arghhhhhh

its tomorrow :lol:

No its today because of Friday night fixtures.  Signings have to be registered by noon the day before the weekend fixtures commence fixtures ergo the weekend fixtures commence on friday night so players must be registered by noon today!!!