Newcastle United 0 - 1 Cambridge United (08/01/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

In the excitement of the transfer window and this forum I forgot that our current team is so shit I've just been living in this fantasy bubble where we a have a great squad

We played well against Man U. I’m at a loss to explain how shit we’ve been today. 

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

In the excitement of the transfer window and this forum I forgot that our current team is so shit I've just been living in this fantasy bubble where we a have a great squad

Not really, though we'd been having increasingly better performances against Prem opposition until this match so we should be getting a result today no probs.

Not having this "concentrate on the league" talk. Its fucking Cambridge at home man, we should have easily won this. Losing to a League Two side infront of a full SJP will be one of the worst results in decades, an absolutely disgraceful result. 

Edited by Decky

Regarding that VAR decision for the Cambridge goal, I remember Silva scoring a similar goal where he was miles offside but because it hit Mings before the pass went through they decided to give it. PGMOL afterwards said it was bollocks and should've been disallowed. So fuck knows if that was the correct decision today or not, we really do have the worst officials in Europe - absolutely pony they are