More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Eh I don't get it? 

Someone said it was good that with Wilson injured we were bringing in nketiah. I joked that it doesn’t matter as nketiah would be as much use as an injured Wilson ie no goals 

It might not have been very funny but it really wasn’t that hard to get like. I think you’ve thought I was comparing an unfit Wilson and an unfit nketiah whereas I meant an unfit Wilson and a fit nketiah :lol:

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Someone said it was good that with Wilson injured we were bringing in nketiah. I joked that it doesn’t matter as nketiah would be as much use as an injured Wilson ie no goals 

It might not have been very funny but it really wasn’t that hard to get like. I think you’ve thought I was saying nketiah was unfit too 

I know man. :lol:

So if I understand what's happened today so far:

Bruno G - unveiled

Burn - offer accepted, medical soon

Lingard - agreed terms

Henderson - close to loan

Zapata - £43M final bid in

Have I missed something?

Tomorrow's gonna be a different deadline day than what we're used to!

Stephy Mavididi has had an interesting career, and he’s only 23. Arsenal youth to Juves B squad to Montpelier, with a smattering of loans all over the place. He must be mature beyond his years. I can’t imagine what I was up to at that age, but it sure as hell wasn’t playing football in France and Italy[emoji38]

Just now, Toon No9 said:

Bruno G - unveiled

Lingard - agreed terms

Have I missed something?

Think the last 3 aren't true. 

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

Stephy Mavididi has had an interesting career, and he’s only 23. Arsenal youth to Juves B squad to Montpelier, with a smattering of loans all over the place. He must be mature beyond his years. I can’t imagine what I was up to at that age, but it sure as hell wasn’t playing football in France and Italy[emoji38]

Looks lightening fast with instinctive reactions and scores all types of goals.

1 minute ago, Toon No9 said:

Bruno G - unveiled

Lingard - agreed terms

Have I missed something?

Aye, those last 3 are very vague links though. 

I could see Lingard happening. Not so much the other two.

Nketiah would be underwhelming but understandable.

Targett would be fantastic. Surely Villa couldn't turn down say 14m for a back up left back.

I'm sure there will be more names...

9 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Bruno G - unveiled

Lingard - agreed terms

Have I missed something?

Wheres the Zapata news come from???

Renan Lodi is an interesting one. Another former Athletico Paranaense player before he went to Athletico Madrid - couldn't see this happening in a day mind.

We clearly have certain agencies that relationships have been built up with through Nickson and resulted in specific deals being arranged alongside the monitoring. 

6 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Renan Lodi is an interesting one. Another former Athletico Paranaense player before he went to Athletico Madrid - couldn't see this happening in a day mind.

We clearly have certain agencies that relationships have been built up with through Nickson and resulted in specific deals being arranged alongside the monitoring. 

Bears repeating that our chances of stealing both of Atletico’s fullbacks in the same window remains slim, at best.[emoji38]

Good point on SSN. Just said none of NUFC siging will have a "you can leave if we get relegated" clause. All are joining to sign up to the long term project.

Astute business sense - sounds as if it is Eddie Howe behind it. Neither he nor the owners want money grabbing journeymen.

I love the new NUFC.

43 minutes ago, Dokko said:

mavididi

Good shout. Think he would be a great pick up.

Another that can play wide left and upfront and has really started producing goals and assists now.

Nice young player that's well travelled now and has got some experience. Definitely a more seasoned prospect than Nketiah despite being around the same age.

Home grown player too due to Arsenal roots. Would approve :thup:

Edited by KaKa

Pacey striker that can play out wide is needed. We shall see what transpires.

Taggert seems a weird one. Definitely a short term signing like wood that would shore up a weak area but pretty underwhelming if it happens. Would be one that would stay and be quality in the Championship for sure.