More transfer rumours

midds

25 minutes ago, 54 said:

@Rich Would it be overkill if I created a Transfer Windows round up thread? Move this sort of discussion to there.

Not at all, have at it! @54

Would love a Transferometer and was going to make one after the closure, but fine to start one now!

Just now, toontownman said:

Wait a minute. You mean we aren't getting Thomas Müller?

I know this is joke, but seriously Müller is going nowhere, he is just trying to have Bayern change their contract policy. Can’t believe some journos are going for that.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Feel like they’ve got him on to talk about completely random things :lol: 

Should have asked him if he’ll keep in touch with Dennis Wise after he recommended a wig supplier.

1 minute ago, alexf said:

Annoys me that man u have potentially strengthened a rival with VdB and strung us along. 

Man United are a shambles man. They don't know what they are doing day to day. Anything detrimental to Newcastle wasn't intentional, they aren't smart enough.

All depends what criteria you're using when 'judging' the Transfer window tbh. From my personal point of view I think they've done very well indeed to get Trippier, Wood, Bruno, Burn and Targett in and the squad and team look much better and stronger for it. They've seemingly grafted non-stop and had to deal with all of the hassles of negotiating with utter cunts, time-wasters and the awful League position hasn't helped either. I'm not sure what more they could have done tbh, they've signed 5 and were clearly in the market for many more and would have made the cash available to get the deals done, it's difficult to fault them.

That said, some would ask 'have they done enough to ensure we stay up?' and come up with a different answer. I think we're still lacking in many areas, especially CM and CF and some will always want 1 more player regardless. Some will be pessimistic and say they've not done enough but this completely ignores what they inherited, the squad was rotten, unfit and lacking in any real enthusiasm and motivation. Turning all that around in 1 window was never going to happen completely. 

Firmly believe they've done as much as anyone could have expected 5 weeks ago. I don't know if it's going to be enough but not sure they could have done more than they already have done. We've got more than a good chance now, the players need to do their bit now, it's over to them.