More transfer rumours

midds

I suspect a budget of 90/100m is about right. We will also recoup 15/20m from sales; Hendrick, Lascelles, Lewis, Ritchie, Almiron, Hayden, Gayle all hold SOME value.

The other day I said we should get Lingard because it would help bolster our squad, without taking up transfer funds.

We can easily add 5 quality players with that budget too.

This ownership will get the job done in the summer. They are tuned in to what the fans want.

We also loaned Targett in the last days of January, which shows we are prepared to utilise that market too.

3 hours ago, Minhosa said:

Stop right there.

Bloke's a cunt and need's reminding of that every time he communicates tbh.

Hear Hear! And kicked in the knackers for good measure. :badyao:

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Well he got the £50m January budget spot on so I'm sure this cutting edge reporting is more than accurate.

His trolling our fanbase whilst not having access to any genuine information from the new owners is the epitome of:

138kib-724x543-1474488198-autre19-happy-

51 minutes ago, STM said:

The other day I said we should get Lingard because it would help bolster our squad, without taking up transfer funds.

Yep. Don't forget this Summer is Covid contract fallout. Load of fantastic players available on a free. Wouldn't be shocked to see us in for at least Boubacar Kamara on a free. I actually think our big statement signing may be one of the higher profile free agents. Costs more in wages and signing on, but save money on the transfer fee. Honestly think someone like Rudiger could be on the table. 

Guest HTT II
58 minutes ago, STM said:

I suspect a budget of 90/100m is about right. We will also recoup 15/20m from sales; Hendrick, Lascelles, Lewis, Ritchie, Almiron, Hayden, Gayle all hold SOME value.

We can easily add 5 quality players with that budget too.

This ownership will get the job done in the summer. They are tuned in to what the fans want.

We also loaned Targett in the last days of January, which shows we are prepared to utilise that market too.

I wanted Lingard in January and even though I’d hope we could move on from him and get someone younger in now come the summer, he’d still represent a good signing on a free.

Edwards got dogs abuse after the "£50 million January transfer budget" claims. He'll have been saving "the summer budget is £x million" for the newsless international break because he knows our Twitter following can't help but jump on anything than that isn't along the "we're huge, our Saudi owners are misunderstood and the world is against us" narrative. He's a cunt and a shit journalist, but he's cracked social media.

Edited by The Prophet

I think in the summer we'll be a lot more strategic in our signings, we'll only be bringing in significant upgrades, players who can really improve our first team for the most part, so even if that's just three signings, you can bet they will be good players.

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think in the summer we'll be a lot more strategic in our signings, we'll only be bringing in significant upgrades, players who can really improve our first team for the most part, so even if that's just three signings, you can bet they will be good players.

Agree.

Seen quite a few posts on the wonderweb, and here, from people getting rid of varnigh everyone except the 4 signings (no Wood, obvs), Wilson and ASM. 

Reckon there'll be no more than 4. All way better than what we have. Rinse, repeat every window until we're mint.