More transfer rumours

midds

10 hours ago, Mountain said:

We'll do things right from what I've seen.

Keep the wages sensible, pick up decent players with the right attitude, no mercenaries etc

PSG are an example of what not to do.

rw-graphic-highest-eardasdasning-ligue-1v2-1.jpg

Horrific from PSG, and what have they got to show for it? The only way those numbers would even begin to make sense would be if Ligue 1 had the potential to rival the other European leagues. Just throwing money in the toilet 

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

PIF might be interested in Pogba, I'm not sure Howe is.

That’s my fear that PIF will want a big name signing or two! Pogba is obviously a very very good player on his day, but that day is every so many games and his whole character/persona just doesn’t resonate with what Howe is all about and wants to achieve. If he can’t be arsed at Man Utd, then…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

Realistically, of any player from Man Utd outside of the obvious who is Lingard, I think 50m + could prize Rashford away and I think he’s probably contemplating life away from Old Trafford right now. 

:lol: Mad that we're humming and hawing over Pogba. Who could've envisioned this day?

January indicated a focus on players with a certain mentality so if they think Pogba will fit and work with Howe then I'm for it.

We can try and play it smart in the transfer market but we're inevitably going take some early risks as we look to climb the table, whether it be taking a punt on youth with potential or giving vets a chance at redemption.

13 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: Mad that we're humming and hawing over Pogba. Who could've envisioned this day?

January indicated a focus on players with a certain mentality so if they think Pogba will fit and work with Howe then I'm for it.

We can try and play it smart in the transfer market but we're inevitably going take some early risks as we look to climb the table, whether it be taking a punt on youth with potential or giving vets a chance at redemption.

It's mad that people still hold onto the "He doesn't fit with X club's tactics therefore he'd be shit literally everywhere else" mentality too.

32 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Realistically, of any player from Man Utd outside of the obvious who is Lingard, I think 50m + could prize Rashford away and I think he’s probably contemplating life away from Old Trafford right now. 

Rashford is barely worth half of that. He has already peaked and is not a world class player. I dont want him and would be properly mortified if we paid that for a player of his calibre.

I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but I've never understood the Pogba hype. Maybe I've just not seen enough of him play?

I remember watching him when it was the Juve/Barca CL final and not understanding the hype then too.

I don't watch Man U much, so I only see the headlines complaining about his effort and attitude. Headlines are often wrong though, so if he is world class I'd be happy to see him here, provided he fits in with Howe's plans.

The fact we're even talking about this is mental considering we had to watch Colback week in week out.

Edited by Guybrush
NPP (New Post Pogba)

Beyond tired of all the talk about Pogba like. :lol: How to get the best out of him, his supposed attitude, who to pair him with, his strengths and weaknesses, his agent, his social media presence, his fucking haircuts. It's been going on for what feels like 10 years.

He's 29, the jury's in, either pair him with midfielders that can accommodate him in a system so you can get the best out of him or don't and accept that he'll be hit and miss. That's been the right conclusion for years now surely?

Yet you still hear the same endless chatter from pundits about how to unlock his ability and how his form is patchy like it's some great mystery, it's mental.