More transfer rumours

midds

Pogba's a fantastic player for the right club but I think those who said he's more suited to the continent are right. It's not that he can't handle the pace of the PL, I just don't think he can be arsed. He always looks so much better playing for France. I love watching him play, but I don't think he's a NUFC player, his head always seems to be turning wherever he is. Plus he looks much less effective with a bald head.

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

Pogba's a fantastic player for the right club but I think those who said he's more suited to the continent are right. It's not that he can't handle the pace of the PL, I just don't think he can be arsed. He always looks so much better playing for France. I love watching him play, but I don't think he's a NUFC player, his head always seems to be turning wherever he is. Plus he looks much less effective with a bald head.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t like a short CB. You get your Cannavaro’s and Ramos is hardly tall but unless he’s got a massive jump I’m not a fan of it 

Manager Lee Johnson had said to Bristol Live back in August 2017: "He's 6ft 3in...........

There is pretty variable info on him around the net tbf. I thought he looked way taller than 178cm when seeing him on video but did find the above quote eventually.

How do people feel about the idea of selling Wilson if we got a good fee? I'd consider it tbh. I love him but he's only been available for less than 50% of the games he's been at the club for and that is incredibly poor. 41 PL appearances out of a possible 105.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I get what you’re saying but it’s really hard to find strikers with his strike rate in the PL. I think we need a young, pacy, skilful striker who will develop with us. With Wilson being here for a couple more years, where hopefully he remains injury free. Wood can be sold on in the summer 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

How do people feel about the idea of selling Wilson if we got a good fee? I'd consider it tbh. I love him but he's only been available for less than 50% of the games he's been at the club for and that is incredibly poor. 41 PL appearances out of a possible 105.

I would, of course we would then need 2 top class strikers in. I’m hoping if we bring in one we will be able to use better game management on Wilson and keep him fit for longer periods.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I get what you’re saying but it’s really hard to find strikers with his strike rate in the PL. I think we need a young, pacy, skilful striker who will develop with us. With Wilson being here for a couple more years, where hopefully he remains injury free. Wood can be sold on in the summer 

IMO the only possibility of him staying injury free if he's not the only decent striker at the club. Some of the names we've been linked with such as Nunez or Osimhen would be perfect with Wilson behind them, but if we're relying on him again next season something will have gone wrong in the summer. He's only been available for 39% of his games here and has never had a season at Bournemouth without a long term injury either.

I think a striker, winger, central midfielder or number ten (if we have designs on switching to a 4-2-3-1), and goalkeeper have to be the priority signings (in that order). I'd also like to see us augment the defence a bit more, too, with some genuine competition for Schär, Burn and Targett.

New Goalkeeper
Dubravka
Darlow

Trippier
Manquillo

Schär
New Centre-back
Lascelles

Burn
New Centre-back

Targett
New Left-back

Guimarães
Shelvey

New Centre-mid
Willock

Joelinton
S. Longstaff

New Right-winger
Murphy

Saint-Maximin
Fraser

New Striker
Wilson
Wood

--

Say bye-bye to Woodman, Gillespie, Krafth, Fernandez, Clark, Dummett, Lewis, Hayden, Hendrick, M. Longstaff, Ritchie, Almiron, and Gayle, if possible.

--

New GK

Trippier   Schär   Burn   Targett

Guimarães   Joelinton

New RW   New AM   Saint-Maximin

New ST

Easy top eight.

I'm in the same boat, I love him and he's been great when he's played but we need fit players. Spend big on a quality striker in his prime with a decent fitness record and back him up with a young/hungry/pacey exciting talent.

Say we sign Targett permanently and we have the budget for four more players, what positions would people targett. I'd say CB, CAM, RW and ST. Though, I wouldn't be adverse to a quality CDM, so we can play a double-pivot. A GK too, though I don't feel that's as big of a priority.

Edit: Rich is already all over it.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Say we sign Targett permanently and we have the budget for four more players, what positions would people targett. I'd say CB, CAM, RW and ST. Though, I wouldn't be adverse to a quality CDM, so we can play a double-pivot. 

Targett plus those 5 would be immense. 

Yeah Rich's post more or less nails it.

Would like an extra wide player though. Don't think Murphy is good enough, Fraser is an ideal squad player to have as your fourth choice wide player but an injury of any significance to ASM of the new winger and we're in a bit of bother.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Would definitely sell, would be delighted to sell him and Wood in the Summer if we got 2 top strikers and a young back up. 

Get Targett, then spend 90m on 4 quality players right through the spine: GK, CB, CM, ST. Once they are done we can wheel and deal with a few outgoings, see if we can get a decent RW.

I'm convinced we will get at least 1 quality player on a free early doors.

I wouldn't sell Wilson, he's decent. A young, up and coming striker would be useful. That way there would be no pressure to hit the ground running, but we could manage Wilson's minutes to stop him breaking down as regularly.

That and we could do with bringing the average age of the squad down.