More transfer rumours

midds

11 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

If you want to get conspiratorial, lines up with the private jet activity yesterday. 

Plane watch thread should be making a comeback soon then.

Edit: Oh, I see it already has!

Edited by DahnSahf

I know Neymar is hypothetical bollocks but if we are humouring the idea... 

The only way it could happen was if PSG were prepared to let him go for free, in order to get his massive wages off the books and we were prepared to take his wages on because there was no transfer fee.

From a commercial/promoting the club point of view, it would put us on the map and show everyone that we mean business.

My worry is that it would be a Micheal Owen situation. Would he buy into the club? Eddie's training schedules? Would he want to live in the North East? Would he stay fit?

11 minutes ago, STM said:

I know Neymar is hypothetical bollocks but if we are humouring the idea... 

The only way it could happen was if PSG were prepared to let him go for free, in order to get his massive wages off the books and we were prepared to take his wages on because there was no transfer fee.

From a commercial/promoting the club point of view, it would put us on the map and show everyone that we mean business.

My worry is that it would be a Micheal Owen situation. Would he buy into the club? Eddie's training schedules? Would he want to live in the North East? Would he stay fit?

If we're humouring it... It would be a massive statement of intent, and boost to commercial income. Having Bruno and Paqueta here might help with him settling and buying in.

E-6-wEyWEAUkWi0.jpg

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

If we're humouring it... It would be a massive statement of intent, and boost to commercial income. Having Bruno and Paqueta here might help with him settling and buying in.

E-6-wEyWEAUkWi0.jpg

Might as well take the gadgie on the left as well, whoever he is, he'll be mint anarl

Edited by Groundhog63

7 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Might as well take the gadgie on the left as well, whoever he is, he'll be mint anarl

That's Gerson from Marseille, who we were linked to in the January window, albeit briefly:lol:

The more I hear about Paqueta the more it makes sense like. He seems to tick every box that you'd want from a midfielder and although he's more of a goal threat, just like Bruno and Joelinton he gets stuck in. 

He's like 1 in 2 for goals and/or assists as well :drool:

Just now, Mikky said:

Ah go on then we’ll have him aswell - might need another carrier bag to fit all this shopping in

We’re buying the whole supermarket mate, forget the carrier bags 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

David can play all across the front line, can't he? Seems to have quite a few strong parts to his game.

Pace, very good close control and technique, can finish. Hopefully we make an offer they can’t turn down 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Ben Hurst weighing in with the cutting analysis there. Buying foreign players makes you an Everton? What an absolutely pointless profession journalism is for 90% of people involved in it 

Buying Delph, Keane, Iwobi, Alli, etc makes you an Everton.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

David can play all across the front line, can't he? Seems to have quite a few strong parts to his game.

I was thinking about this the other day.  Originally, I thought we needed a 9 and a wide forward/winger type.  But if we are looking to get a keeper, CB CM and the rumours are about Lodi are true.  Then I think we might need to be looking at one player to cover both positions.