More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Cannot really post it from my phone but there's a decent article in the Athletic running through the current status of our entire first team squad.

Probably doesn’t tell us too much we don’t already know. Confirms the players we all expect to be moved on (Hayden, Clark, Gayle, Hendrick etc.), whilst stating wages might see some of them just go on loan with us having to subsidise part of them.

Sounded more positive towards Jamal Lewis than you might expect. 

Says Matty Longstaff’s wage (£20k) is set to drop, without stating why. Must have had a clause to do with having to make so many appearances or something ??‍♂️

Dan Langley could end up being third choice keeper if the others leave.

Almiron’s release clause is £60m ?

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Matty Longstaff’s wage (£20k) is set to drop, without stating why. Must have had a clause to do with having to make so many appearances or something ??‍♂️

Dan Langley could end up being third choice keeper if the others leave.

Big fan of the performance based wage tethering, should hopefully encourage a few to leave if widespread. Too many like Clark, Colback, Saivet, Hendrick have been put on stupid money and sit tight rather than moving on.

Langley as third choice would be a preference to Gillespie. Keeper has been one of the few places we’ve had recent youth success with - Harper, Krul, Forster and Woodman. Less said about Alnwick the better…

I think there will be a mini frenzy between players finishing their internationals next week and then before they start going on their Mykonos trips where we see some moves wrapped up. Tuesday 15th is the last date of Nations League games.

Have seen this reported multiple times (first time by a recognisable reporter, as opposed to ITK accounts), but could not track it down just yet.

Edit: it is apparently in the print version:

Edited by Mansour

14 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

This thread has gone from "most depressing forum thread anywhere in the universe" to "best thread ever" in 6 months. :lol:

:lol: It's genuinely my first or second stop now.

29 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Not sure if FI are full of shit or not. 

I always think stories saying a club isn't going to persue a player they have been heavily linked with is braver and more likely to be true because the "get out" is more difficult if the move does end up happening.

If you say a player is being persued there's loads of excuses you can use if you were just talking shit and the player doesn't end up signing.