More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Have to say, when it comes to Newcastle, The Athletic are very poor when it comes to transfer news.

Perhaps that’s just not the type of reporting they’re geared towards, but it’s always after the fact, with very little new information.

That's it basically. They don't need to report every rumour, make stuff up for clicks etc.

4 hours ago, McCormick said:

I’d rather we signed another quality midfielder than another striker: either someone on the right of a 3 (pushing Bruno back) like Paqueta/Fofana etc. or a solid athletic dm like Philips/Sangare.

I choose to believe, admittedly on the basis of not very much beyond now having engaged owners with deep pockets, that Eddie will get all of what he considers essential improvements in key positions; and there definitely will be range of options for each. But that rather than there being a genuine ceiling on numbers or on £ expenditure, if we can get players on the ‘desirable’ list we will get them as well. It’ll be fascinating and exciting,  with the inevitable smattering of frustration and impatience, to find out. 

4 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm not totally sure I'd be over the moon,I'd be pleased it was an upgrade on what we have, but, I'd be expecting us to be a bit more ambitious, Villa signing Digne meant Targett would be benched, they secured Coutinho, and also Carlos and Kamara, they seem to be miles ahead with their movements, and convincing players to sign. 

Most of our rumours are simply that, out of all of them, Targett I do like, Ekitike sounds close but is it? And the others I think we'll probably miss out on, Sarr is a player that really doesn't interest me at all, ambitious, would be Raphinha, Conor Gallagher, Conor Cody, Calvert Lewin. 

The transfer window hasn't even officially opened yet ffs. 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Now Ando is back I’m going to go out on a limb and say we might sign someone in the month of June, I’m ITK too.

:lol: People still hanging on his every word after January. As bad as RTG with that fake accountant. 

Fill me in, did he get stuff wrong in Jan?

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Fill me in, did he get stuff wrong in Jan?

We’re still waiting for the big surprise signing.

His ITK’ery basically consists of posting vague statements like “soon” or “something is on its way” during times that anyone could make an educated guess that something will likely happen, such as during a short transfer window.

Absolutely spot on with teamsheets but was clueless throughout the takeover and during January.

47 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Have to say, when it comes to Newcastle, The Athletic are very poor when it comes to transfer news.

Perhaps that’s just not the type of reporting they’re geared towards, but it’s always after the fact, with very little new information.

I think they’re just more of a traditional news outlet.

Reporting the news rather than trying to make the news up for clicks.

43 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

That's it basically. They don't need to report every rumour, make stuff up for clicks etc.

Caulkin and Waugh are always posting rumours etc. on Twitter aren’t they? Or are the articles different and more fact based?

Don’t subscribe to it so may be misinformed.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We’re still waiting for the big surprise signing.

His ITK’ery basically consists of posting vague statements like “soon” or “something is on its way” during times that anyone could make an educated guess that something will likely happen, such as during a short transfer window.

Absolutely spot on with teamsheets but was clueless throughout the takeover and during January.

He got the Bruce sacking spot on

Just now, arnonel said:

Why be vague though? Who does that help?

Maybe him.

He might work within the club somewhere and it may make its way back if he divulged specifics.

Not saying I think he's in the loop, but he clearly works/knows someone within the club at some capacity.

Ando is Derek Wright, calling it

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He got the Bruce sacking spot on

Was fairly difficult to call tbf, he was obviously so secure in his post.

IIRC he said within ‘24-48 hours’ a day after the Spurs game and it was actually 72 hours.

I mean it was fairly straightforward he was gone after that game, just a matter of the day.

Well we don't know what his connection is at the club, maybe it would 'blow his cover' so to speak

If I was Ando I'd be tempted just not to post anything as he just seems to get criticism whatever he posts  :lol:

Just now, joeyt said:

Well we don't know what his connection is at the club, maybe it would 'blow his cover' so to speak

If I was Ando I'd be tempted just not to post anything as he just seems to get criticism whatever he posts  :lol:

It’s a shame you’re not Ando.

Just now, joeyt said:

Yeap, he's pretty much got 99% of things he's posted absolutely spot on, and yet still seems to get shite. :lol: