More transfer rumours

midds

5 hours ago, Ikon said:

Really hope we are seriously interested in Sangare. Gut feeling is that he could prove to be a bargain signing. Even at 30m.  Just feels like one of those who could come in and do well. 

Couldn't agree more.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Ha ha ha we're owned by hideous rich people and you're not ha ha ha

Great craic. 

Don’t go all Barton Fink on me. I don’t think it’s meant to be that deep meaning ?

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Spurs will overtake Chelsea this summer I reckon. Depending on how well Nunez does they might even push Liverpool. They look a force.

Spurs have done annyoingly well in the latter part of last season. I wish I could disagree with you but I can't. Anyway fuck Chelsea.

25 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Don’t go all Barton Fink on me. I don’t think it’s meant to be that deep meaning ?

I know it's meaningless, and my opinions towards such craic are proportionate; ie: at best I think it's shit banter, at worst it makes us look like Saudi bootlickers and that's annoying but also whatever.

Demiral rumours seem to be getting stronger.

While I think he’s a giant liability at times with his recklessness and poor distribution, on his day he’s an absolute beast. Great recovery pace, last-ditch tackling and insane aggression; he’d be a very decent potential partner for Botman, especially for only 20 odd million as is being reported.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Demiral rumours seem to be getting stronger.

While I think he’s a giant liability at times with his recklessness and poor distribution, on his day he’s an absolute beast. Great recovery pace, last-ditch tackling and insane aggression; he’d be a very decent potential partner for Botman, especially for only 20 odd million as is being reported.

Would be an alternative to Botman presumably, rather than to play alongside him?

23 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Where have the Asencio rumours come from?

Doesn’t want to stay in Madrid due to lack of playing time, so being touted round any clubs that could pay him a big wage. His contract is up next summer so Madrid want him to sign an extension or get money for him this year. 

20 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Doesn’t want to stay in Madrid due to lack of playing time, so being touted round any clubs that could pay him a big wage. His contract is up next summer so Madrid want him to sign an extension or get money for him this year. 

Just more link to us if he’s linked with Spurs/Arsenal.

12 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think Spurs are a top centre-back from really closing the gap.

I think it'a moreso the central midfield.

Bentacur & Hojbjerg isn't a top midfield and there's a big drop-off below them. If they can upgrade Hojbjerg but have him as back-up, they will be extremely serious.

Conte does like workhorses in midfield though. BUt he needs one that can pass it through the lines Thiago style.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

He plays on the right, so presumably it’s alongside him.

Yeah, think there's a chance we get two young centre backs, as there seems to be a lot of value out there at that position this summer.

Think it will be an even stronger possibility if Lascelles is moved on, which I think could well happen.

If we manage to bring in Botman and Demiral/Ibanez that would be incredible. We'd be set with two young long term talents at centre back for a long time.

34 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Bentacur & Hojbjerg isn't a top midfield and there's a big drop-off below them. If they can upgrade Hojbjerg but have him as back-up, they will be extremely serious.

Conte does like workhorses in midfield though. BUt he needs one that can pass it through the lines Thiago style.

Bentacur isn’t a top midfielder? 

He is excellent, very very good 

30 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Bentacur isn’t a top midfielder? 

He is excellent, very very good 

Not with Hojbjerg alongside him. Bentacur needs a better partner. And no, he's not a top midfielder - he's not a Bernardo, Thiago, KDB, Rodri, Kante, Kovacic etc. He's good but they need someone his level or better to really challenge the top 2 imo unless the shape changes.

I think the current Spurs squad + CL football could get about 80 points. A couple class additions and that goes towards 90.

Based on the snippets quoted from Jacobs podcast last night, a lot of it sounded like total guesswork.

Edit - for what it's worth he said something like:

The Botman deal is more advanced than the Ekitike deal.

Botman's agent will give first refusal to Milan. It'll take weeks, not days to finalise.

The Ekitike deal is a really complex one to do.

Us and Spurs are in for Paqueta.

Diaby has been offered to us.

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

In the game against us, both Bentacur and Hojbjerg were feeding it into the front three with ease. I think they're both massively underrated as players.

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Based on the snippets quoted from Jacobs podcast last night, a lot of it sounded like total guesswork.

Edit - for what it's worth he said something like:

The Botman deal is more advanced than the Ekitike deal.

Botman's agent will give first refusal to Milan. It'll take weeks, not days to finalise.

The Ekitike deal is a really complex one to do.

Us and Spurs are in for Paqueta.

Diaby has been offered to us.

Looks like a lot of the deals we are trying to do are taking a while due to coming to an agreement on the way they are structured and the inclusion of add-ons.

Promising that the Diaby deal doesn't appear to be completely dead in the water though, as I thought was the case. Really like the look of him for that right wing spot.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

In the game against us, both Bentacur and Hojbjerg were feeding it into the front three with ease. I think they're both massively underrated as players.

Tbf we got beaten 5-1.

0-1 home defeat to Brighton & Wolves. 0-0 away to Brentford & Burnley.

Spurs showed they can be devastating last season but also some times could get them on lockdown. I tink the Brighton and Brentford games back-to-back they didn't have a single shot on target.

page-63 A lot of Spurs fans seem to agree PEH & Benta isn't an elite combination. They seem to think Skipp alongside Benta is the way forward