More transfer rumours

midds

McNeil not very popular here but he's a good player with age/potential well on his side. 

Keeps the ball well and has excellent delivery - just unfortunate he played in a defend first mindset at Burnley. If Howe wants him i'd be more than happy to sign him.

2 minutes ago, JP said:

McNeil not very popular here but he's a good player with age/potential well on his side. 

Keeps the ball well and has excellent delivery - just unfortunate he played in a defend first mindset at Burnley. If Howe wants him i'd be more than happy to sign him.

How are we going to progress if we just have all ex burnley players

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We would absolutely would be signing him as a starter, think it’s clear we are working very hard to stretch the budget as much as possible due to FFP. He would cost minimum 20 million, we aren’t in a position to spend this on him then more on a another winger to start and then more on a striker.

You are wrong. If we move out current backups we will need to replace them, and so we will use any money raised from the sales towards replacements. No idea why you keep making out this is impossible for us to do.

By the way we're supposedly looking at bidding somewhere around £20 million for that Braga wonderkid winger who will definitely be a backup if he comes in, so there's that too.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

How are we going to progress if we just have all ex burnley players

We won't have all ex Burnley players?

Pope and McNeil be two good signings for our squad - arguably Burnley's best two players. Wood won't play much next season.

A tiny snippet in the Times saying Burnley want £40m for Pope, which would cause us to move on (quite right too).

Not sure whether that means the rumoured £10m release clause is real or not, if that's true.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You are wrong. If we move out current backups we will need to replace them, and so we will use any money raised from the sales towards replacements. No idea why you keep making out this is impossible for us to do.

Because it’s already been alluded to that we wont be making a huge amount of signings this summer. The plan is 5/6 and then hopefully trim the squad.

Not sure how much you think we are going to be getting for the likes of Murphy etc but if you are expecting us to make good money on them you are going to be disappointed.

38 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Phillips was supposedly very interested in joining before Man City got involved so it isn’t that mad to suggest him. Maybe we aren’t at a level to attract Raphinia yet, but that doesn’t mean the next best level we can target is the likes of McNeil either.

I didn’t say it was? I’d be very underwhelmed if we signed McNeil. 

who says Phillips was ‘very interested’ in coming here? 

Just now, gdm said:

I didn’t say it was? I’d be very underwhelmed if we signed McNeil. 

who says Phillips was ‘very interested’ in coming here? 

It was in most the media just before the season ended.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Because it’s already been alluded to that we wont be making a huge amount of signings this summer. The plan is 5/6 and then hopefully trim the squad.

Not sure how much you think we are going to be getting for the likes of Murphy etc but if you are expecting us to make good money on them you are going to be disappointed.

It's not just about how much we get fo rthose guys, but also how much we end up spending on the first team players we get in, and how much money is then left available.

Just as an example we could possibly sign Diaby for the right wing at £40 million odd, or end up getting Ludo Blas who is available for £17 million. Maybe we even end up getting Bale instead at that position on a free. I think if we end up with some extra budget we'll look to replace the backups in the squad if some of them are moved on.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Leeds minus Raphina and Phillips for the entire season will be interesting. Might stick something on Marsch being the first to go.

I like the signings they've been making and I think they may end up being alright. If they get a bunch of money from selling those two, think they'll continue adding some decent players.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It was in most the media just before the season ended.

The only thing I can find to say he was interested in an albeit quick look was the chronicle reporting that Frank McAvennie said he would be interested :lol: 

Just now, KaKa said:

I like the signings they've been making and I think they may end up being alright. If they get a bunch of money from selling those two, think they'll continue adding some decent players.

Aye they’ve made decent signings 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's not just about how much we get fo rthose guys, but also how much we end up spending on the first team players we get in, and how much money is then left available.

Just as an example we could possibly sign Diaby for the right wing at £40 million odd, or end up getting Ludo Blas who is available for £17 million. Maybe we even end up getting Bale instead at that position on a free. I think if we end up with some extra budget we'll look to replace the backups in the squad if some of them are moved on.

I think a lot will also depend on the 2 deals we are currently trying to do as well. Botman in particular seems quite pricey whereas some of the fall back options mentioned are seemingly a lot cheaper.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think a lot will also depend on the 2 deals we are currently trying to do as well. Botman in particular seems quite pricey whereas some of the fall back options mentioned are seemingly a lot cheaper.

Yeah for sure. We've started by aiming for the higher end players, but we may end up not landing all of those, and so will then have a bit more money to play with.

If we do land all of those higher end guys though, then yeah, I would expect we would then be quite conservative with bringing in any additional players to freshen up our backup options like you said.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm suprises no one has activated Ndicka's alleged release clause yet.

I think that might be the thinly veiled Plan B referenced in the Ronnie Gill if Botman gives a definitive ‘no’.

Think the issue with Ndicka will be as soon as one team activates the clause, a bunch of them will. I imagine we (and several others) have already enquired as to if he would want to come here, as realistically he is going to have his choice of a fair few clubs. 

I know signing decent players takes time, more than picking up the scraps  like we're usually used to, but I'd like to see us move on to other positions if we're not ready yet to move on to other targets.

I get they want their no1 targets in. They've worked hard on those deals and it seems many forces are working against them, so I have no issue with them sticking to their guns. But I do hope they can start progressing bids for other areas in the team. It may be happening in the background, but chatter seems to be were ultra focused on these 2 signings and everything else is secondary. 

I'm sure it'll all come together, if not Botman and Ekiteke then another 2 very good options, I just hope they don't miss other targets in other potions whilst their focus and time is being drained by agents and club shinanigans.

I think we saw how fast we can switch to alternative targets (Targetts) in January, more than once. Not worried, personally. While it's nice to get your first choice, naturally, I'm pretty sure we'll be at a point now where there are three or four alternatives that will still improve us significantly (and perhaps allow us to improve more positions by costing less).

I was banging the same drum in January, but I'm still desperate for us to get another midfielder in.

When you look at the first team the obvious imbalances are no natural right winger and Shelvey. Shelvey has improved a fair amount under Howe, but he's still very limited and drifts into the same spaces as Bruno.

I get another striker is essential and we need more depth at CB, but it feels if we're trying to improve the first eleven, we need a player to compliment Bruno, however we decide to play him.